Author Topic: Moult/Tomlinson/Winning? (Stockport & Marple)  (Read 660 times)

Offline Ray T

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Moult/Tomlinson/Winning? (Stockport & Marple)
« on: Thursday 15 February 18 15:15 GMT (UK) »
I don't want to go into a long winded post as yet but is anyone researching connections between the Moult/Winning/Tomlinson families in the Stockport (Hazel Grove) and Marple (Windlehurst) area during the 1800s?

If so, could we possibly compare notes?

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Moult/Tomlinson/Winning? (Stockport & Marple)
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 15 February 18 19:11 GMT (UK) »
Have you checked the Surname Interests Board - Link can be found at bottom of this page under Tools
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Ray T

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Moult/Tomlinson/Winning? (Stockport & Marple)
« Reply #2 on: Friday 16 February 18 15:27 GMT (UK) »
I'm aware of that but what I'm looking for is someone who has all three names in one tree.

I suppose I should also include "Etchells" in the title. Briefly Elizabeth Ann Etchells (or) Tomlinson married William Henry Moult on 8/9/1863. They had three children Ellen Booth, Jessie Whitehough and Emanuel before William Henry Died in 1888 aged 25. Elizabeth Ann went on to have three further husbands but her children were "taken on" by the Winning family (i.e. the 1891) and then the Moult family (i.e. the 1901 and 1911). What I've been unable to establish is how William Henry Moult relates to the rest of the Moult family. 

I don't want to waste the time of RootsChatters researching the family; I've spent enough time doing that myself. I was simply hoping to find someone I could exchange info. with. (e.g. Elizabeth Ann Etchells (or) Tomlinson has a somewhat complex relationship to her parents that someone my be struggling to work out.)