Author Topic: Paumier Certificates.  (Read 2130 times)

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Paumier Certificates.
« on: Friday 16 February 18 03:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi, It has been a while since i was researching in Ireland for ancestors......like 20yrs. I know then it was extremely difficult to get information.
I BELIEVE it has changed now, but i don't know where to start or what to expect.
My French line of the family began life in Phibsborough, Dublin sometime around 1730. They fled France in fear of persecution. They started up the first Sugar refinery, and it was extremely profitable, but by 1820's nothing was much left of it.
My direct Gx? times Grandfather Jean (John) Paumier (b) around 1722 in France, died i believe in Phibsborough around 1764 and his wife Susannah Paumier nee Noble died around 1800.(they married 1748)
My question to the panel is: Would there be a marriage Certificate for this couple? If so, where can i get a copy, and where will i start the research for any Death certificates for this couple?
Many thanks for any help or considerations you may give me with regards to my query.
Best wishes, Shirley.

Offline pet50ite

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Paumier Certificates.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 February 18 06:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi cinny 22,
Unfortunately, civil registration in Ireland did not start for catholics until 1864. However there are an awful lot of free church records on a site called Irish genealogy ie. Hopefully, other more clued up rootschatters will be on later to add more info.
Good luck with your search
Pet50ite
cowan, sinnott, duffy, addi, conlon, halpin, (dublin) dowling, mcdonald, donnelly (dublin, newcastle upon tyne and tyrone)

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 16 February 18 07:39 GMT (UK) »
Susanna died 1852 age 79 ?
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ll4/

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 16 February 18 07:42 GMT (UK) »

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 16 February 18 08:11 GMT (UK) »
Dublin Courier, 8 April 1763, under 'DEATHS': At Furry-park, near the North Strand, the only son of John Paumier, Esq; formerly am eminent Sugar Baker.

Hibernian Journal; or, Chronicle of Liberty, 6 December 1775, under 'MARRIED': A few Days ago, George Macuay [? - difficult to make out, elsewhere spelled 'maquay'], of Thomas-street, Esq; to the Widow of the late Mr. John Paumier, Sugar-baker.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 16 February 18 08:35 GMT (UK) »
 Susanna, m. 1748, John Paumier, 'Esq., a Huguenot French gentleman who had settled in Ireland after the revocation of the Edict of Nantes, and had issue, among others,

1 John Paumier, b. about 1750; m. and had issue, among others, a dau., who m. her cousin Dixie Clement, son of Thomas Clement, Esq. of Cromortin, co. Louth.

2 Mungo Noble Paumier, 1762, entered the Army and became Lieut.-Col. in 1795 ; d. in 1821.

3 Frances Paumier, m. Thomas Clement, Esq., only son of Joseph Clement, of Cromorton, Co. Louth ; and d. 182? having had three sons and one dau.

4 Penelope Paumier,   m. Rev. John Ball and had issue,among others, a son, Benjamin Marcus Ball, Capt. 40th Regt., who was the father of the Right Hon. John Thomas Ball, LL.U., Lord Chancellor of Ireland in 1875.

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 16 February 18 08:40 GMT (UK) »
In | Loving Memory | of | HELEN CONSTANCE | wife of | WILLIAM PAUMIER BALL |
and daughter of the late | WILLIAM STEELE STUDDERT Co. Clare J.P. | who
departed this life | the 17th June 1902 | aged 47 years | Here also repose the
remains | of the above named | WILLIAM PAUMIER BALL | son of the late | Right
Hon. JOHN P. BALL | Lord Chancellor of Ireland | who died on the 29th August
1902 | aged 44 years | "And God shall wipe away all tears | from their eyes"

http://www.igp-web.com/IGPArchives/ire/dublin/photos/tombstones/mt-jerome-18/target66.html

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 16 February 18 08:47 GMT (UK) »
There are several other Dublin newspaper references with the surname Paumier, including-

- a 1792 High Court of Chancery case involving Prudence Paumier against Elizabeth Noble, widow and mother of Brabazon Noble, a minor, in the matter of William Noble deceased etc;

- a Peter Paumier marrying a (Margery?) Hamilton, daughter of Archibald Hamilton of Ballyfatten Co. Tyrone in 1776, dying in 1780 and an 1820 obituary for said Mrs Paumier who died in Bath in 1819; 

- an 1822 High Court of Chancery case involving Susanna Jane Paumier against Mungo Noble in the matter of the division of proceeds from the sale of 2 Dublin properties.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 16 February 18 08:57 GMT (UK) »
There are several other Dublin newspaper references with the surname Paumier, including-

Peter Paumier marrying a (Margery?) Hamilton, daughter of Archibald Hamilton of Ballyfatten Co. Tyrone in 1776, dying in 1780 and an 1820 obituary for said Mrs Paumier who died in Bath in 1819; 

Archibald Hamilton of Ballyfatten, Cornet of Dragoon, ; married first Jane Nesbitt by whom he had two sons, Willim Hamilton of Ballyfatton and Eden, Co. Donegal  .
George, in the army; killed at Almanza, O.S.P.,
and one da. Sarah, married John Tredennick of   Co. Donegal.

Cornet Archibald married 2ndly Lettice Fairhe (will pro. 22 Sept., 1761) by whom he had six sons : Archibald of Dublin, M.D. (will 1777); Richard ; John, Capt. in the army; killed at Seringapatam ; James,  of Dublin (will 1798) ;
Sampson, in the army, O.S.P. ; Galbraith. ancestor of the Hamiltons of CastleHamilton
 and one da. Margery, m. Peter Paumier.