Author Topic: John Edwards.1777 80.  (Read 431 times)

Offline sylvia

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
John Edwards.1777 80.
« on: Friday 16 February 18 04:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello to all I hope you are all okay since my last visit..I have tried to post this request already today but I got an error message, so here I am again. I haven't been in RootsChat for a while and as usual I am seeking a bit of help with my Edwards clan. I am stuck with John Edwards Birth about 1777 / 80. Wolverhampton, Staffordshire. He married Jane Hand in 1800,also Wotlverhampton,so far they seemed to all reside in the Wolverhampton area.I am actually trying to find Johns parents since it doesn't  mention them in his birth  records.though all the heads of the household  census records  seem to be John or Richard. I will mention John and Jane's  chilldren as their might be a clue there as I am hoping Rootschat still have the miracle workers I remember when I was here last. Children of John and Jane are Edwin B 1801.  George .1802. Henry 1804. Daniel. 1807. Frederick 1809 Solomon 1811. John 1814 Jane 1817 Sarah 1819. I am sure there must be a Richard somewhere in the mix,if there is I cant find him. I did find a John Edwards in 1777,father Richard,mother Mary.I don't know if he belongs in my tree or not.I hope you can help me but I am sure you will try and I thank you for that. X   
Delaney and cooks of  and Bilston,staffordshire.
Cook.Cartwright.of Sedgley .
Edwards,Evans,Lawley of Kidderminster and W,Ton
Jeavons.Herobin.Wolverhampton,Staffordshire.
Churchills,Pearsall,Evans.Johnsons,
 of Dudley Worcestershire.and Staffs.

Offline Girl Guide

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Edwards.1777 80.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 February 18 09:04 GMT (UK) »
Well I have found one baptism a little earlier than the dates you have given.

John Edwards baptised 11 April 1774, parents John and Elizabeth.  Church was St. Peter, Wolverhampton.
Ashford: Somerset, London
England: Devon, London, New Zealand
Holdway: Wiltshire
Hooper: Bristol, Somerset
Knowling: Devon, London
Southcott: Devon, China
Strong: Wiltshire
Watson: Cambridgeshire
White: Bristol
Windo - Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire

Offline sylvia

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: John Edwards.1777 80.
« Reply #2 on: Friday 16 February 18 09:36 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Girl Guide, I did see that one but dismissed it as I didn't find Anymore Elizabeth's in following Edwards family ancestors. Saint Peters seemed to be their church of choice. I did find a Richard and Mary with a  John 1777.and other Edwards families seem to have those names  in their families to, which seems to be the norm.x Sylvia Ch :-)
Delaney and cooks of  and Bilston,staffordshire.
Cook.Cartwright.of Sedgley .
Edwards,Evans,Lawley of Kidderminster and W,Ton
Jeavons.Herobin.Wolverhampton,Staffordshire.
Churchills,Pearsall,Evans.Johnsons,
 of Dudley Worcestershire.and Staffs.