Author Topic: Paumier, Bordeaux. France  (Read 2618 times)

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Paumier, Bordeaux. France
« on: Saturday 17 February 18 07:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi, have been really "charged" with enthusiasm on all the information given by other peoples in this forum.
They have all been so helpful and i have been tirelessly doing my Paumier tree. I have made an excellent start, but would like to see if i could get some real opinions about the origins of our family back in France?
I do now know the language, and think this will hinder me enormously!
Can i have your thought on the only blood relative we have? We have a year date and a place.

He was: Pierre (Peter) Paumier born 1725, Bordeaux, Ginonde, Aquistaine, France.
He was the brother of my Gx's Grandfather Jean. Unfortunately, we only know his date of Birth as 1722.......nothing else.

My thoughts were that if we were to find "any information" on Pierre, this would lead to the origins of our lost family in France.

Being that we have their Father's name of Jean Paumier, but no Mother's name, would it be possible in any one's opinion to actually find Pierre's Birth Certificate?

The only other bit of information we have is that the parents of Jean and Pierre, were the owners of "Chateau Clarac" near Bordeaux.

Really hoping some one can be of help?
Best wishes to all...........sincerely, Shirley.......cinny22

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Paumier, Bordeaux. France
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 February 18 12:10 GMT (UK) »
1725 Bordeaux is not digitized yet.

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 February 18 12:12 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for letting me know. :(

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 19 February 18 12:17 GMT (UK) »
I can't find a Château Clarac near Bordeaux , there is one near Toulouse though. There are several "Château Clairac" nearer Bordeaux.
Do you have information concerning the descendants of Pierre Paumier, or Jean his brother?

Bordeaux is in Gironde (not Ginonde ), Aquitaine (nowadays spelling)

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 19 February 18 12:27 GMT (UK) »
Yes, thanks, both Jean and Pierre fled to Ireland in fear of persecution around 1740. Here they educated themselves and became prosperous by setting up the first Sugar refinery in Dublin.
We have them well documented once they hit Ireland, but can't seem to find ANYTHING going back further. Seeing that the records are not yet available to the public...........i don't like my chances.
I only know that their father's name was Jean Paumier.............sorry good people.

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 19 February 18 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Do you mean they were protestants?

The registers are available but you have to go to Bordeaux to read them. They aren't digitized.

I can try and ask someone on a french forum to go and read them.

Added: you give 2 different years in your first post : 1725 and 1722  . Can you check them and be precise?

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 19 February 18 13:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi, yes they were Protestants. Jean Paumier was born 1722 while Pierre was born 1725. There are some rumors that Jean was born in Bordeaux Aquitaine, France?
As i said before their Father's name was also Jean.

Jean married on the 25th May 1748, Dublin, Ireland to Susanna Noble. As i said, we have them well documented from here on.
My best to you all.

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 01:57 GMT (UK) »
By the way, It was just Jean and Pierre that changed their religion. Apparently Jean Paumier(sen) and Madam Paumier were strict Catholics.
Thanks once again.

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 09:10 GMT (UK) »
Was Jean born in 1713 ?...if so - the only tree I can find with Pierre born 1722 - he died 1776 aged 54 - I hope it is your Pierre

https://gw.geneanet.org/perierfrancis?n=paumier&oc=&p=pierre

ADDED - I have just noticed that Jean died aged 2 in 1715 - so I presume not your Pierre ...never mind..sorry I thought Pierre was born 1722 - I see now it was 1725 ...worth a try
have a look on www.geneanet.org - 160 results   :'(
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford