Author Topic: Paumier, Bordeaux. France  (Read 2649 times)

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Paumier, Bordeaux. France
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 21 February 18 13:56 GMT (UK) »
Thank you all so much for your help.
I have got a lot more now to work with and to finding my French Family, with yet another Paumier to add to my tree, altho' not knowing if she is Cousin or Sister i am still in advantage.
You have also provided me with three children that i can see:

Mariane June 1730
Jean     April 1737
and Pierre August 1738.............all good family names, so i can see there is definitely a connection with Isabella. Why she is not mentioned in our Book is a bit beyond me, but perhaps their
G Grandson Mungo William Paumier (the author)was not aware of the other relatives existence?
Never the less, much thanks for all your help, God bless you, you all do great work and give much inspiration!!!!!!

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Paumier, Bordeaux. France
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 21 February 18 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Clairac en Guienne (Guyenne , nowadays spelling) seems to be Clairac in the Lot-et-Garonne (departement number 47)

La Guyenne was a region before the revolution that comprises several actual departements (Gironde, Dordogne, Lot et Garonne , Lot , Aveyron)

ADDED :Clairac is written with different spellings in the book that gives the reconnaissance of Jean Villebois (Clairac; Clerac, Cleirac), but there is an act that gives "of  La Sepede, près de Clairac (near Clairac). And I found Lacépède near Clairac in Lot -et -Garonne.