Author Topic: Paumier, Bordeaux. France  (Read 2616 times)

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Paumier, Bordeaux. France
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 11:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ya, Thanks for trying. Both Jean and Pierre, altho born in Bordeaux, fled France around 1740 to Ireland.............where both married, had children and Died in Dublin. Ireland.
Thanks again for your persistence.
They are such a mystery. Best wishes.

Online joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 14:10 GMT (UK) »
I was about to ask where did they marry , were the brides French?
Have you tried to find their wills?
Every bit of information is useful for those who search.
I will post right now for a look up in the original registers of Bordeaux , but it is a big town, and you don't have a precise date of birth. I wonder if someone will take the challenge.

ADDED: I have posted a request for a look-up. I will let you know what comes out.

Online joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 14:22 GMT (UK) »
By the way, It was just Jean and Pierre that changed their religion. Apparently Jean Paumier(sen) and Madam Paumier were strict Catholics.
Thanks once again.

How do you know that the parents were still catholics?

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 15:44 GMT (UK) »
Are they brothers of Isabelle aka Elisabeth PAUMIER, wife of  Jean VILLEBOIS, also a sugar refiner in Dublin ?

Sugar Refiners and Sugarbakers Database - Bryan Mawer Website
www.mawer.clara.net/sugarvv.html

Traduire cette page
VIGNEAU, Isaac, -, (his death aged 75), (King's St, near St Stephen's Green), Dublin, 1766, Freeman's Journal 08.11.1766. VILLEBOIS, John, -, -, Hawkins St, Dublin, 1760, Wilson's Dublin Directory 1760. VILLMER, Christopher, of Hanover, (age 20), (22 Back Church Lane), London, 1861, 1861 census RG9 /276 /3.

https://archive.org/stream/registersoffrenc07stpa/registersoffrenc07stpa_djvu.txt

Jean Villebois. — Jean, fils de Mr. Jean Yillebois et de Mademoiselle Villebois, sa femme,
est né le premier jour du mois d’Avril, mil sept cens trente et sept, et a esté baptizé, le vingt et
cinquième du dit mois, par Monsieur Louis Scoffier, un des ministres de cette eglise ; a eu pour
parin, son pere, et pour marine, Madlle. Françoise Paumier.

L. Scoffier, Ministre.

Pierre Villebois.— Pierre Villebois, fils de Jean Villebois et d’Elizabet Villebois, est né le
20 e Aoust, 1738, et a été baptisé le 7 Septembre de la même année, par Monsr. Scoffier, ministre
ordinaire de cette eglize ; a eu pour parrain, Jean Villebois, son pere, et Pierre Paumier, et pour
marraine, Elizabet Villebois, sa mere.

Jean Villebois et Izabelle Paumier. — Le vingt quatrième Octobre, mil sept cens
vingt huit, a esté béni par Mr. Fleury le mariage de Mr. Jean Villebois et de Madll 6 . Izabelle
Paumier.

A, P. Fleury.

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 21 February 18 03:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peoples,
                Many thanks for your hard work. Now our history book for the Paumiers say that both Jean and Madam Paumier were very strict Catholics........sorry, we can only go by what was written down for us, via the history.

Now as far as Elisabeth PAUMIER, wife of  Jean VILLEBOIS goes, as far as i know there were only the two brothers that fled to Dublin.
There is nothing in our "book" stating that a sister also joined them in Dublin. I guess this would be a big event in their lives, so i'm thinking that if it was not written, this would not be their Sister.

When Jean married Susanna Noble in Dublin, they had a Daughter called Elizabeth, but i believe she died young and unmarried.
Seems strange that another Paumier(not related) would be in Dublin around this same time tho' Not sure if the name "Paumier" would be a common name......you guys are making the mystery even more deeper......thanks a lot!

Not sure if it would be of any help to you, but i could send you the Pedigree Chart showing what they wrote about the family back in France, truly it's not much, but your welcome...............but i would not like it to be on the "net". Is there a way?

Thanks so much for your help...........best wishes.

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 21 February 18 03:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi, have been looking through our "Paumier History Book" and have sent you part of it's writings and would you believe, there is the name "Villebois". Please read, but please keep this private as you can, and if you can prevent it from going on the "net" please do so?

So the name "Villebois" is connected to our family...............wow, wow. Take care.

Online joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 21 February 18 08:52 GMT (UK) »
You can use private messages to send information that you want to stay private."MY MESSAGES" in the brown line after PROFILE

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 21 February 18 11:44 GMT (UK) »
I do hope i have done the deleting correct............but of course, you got all the information first?
Many thanks.
The Isabella Paumier, who apparently married John Villebois, i'm thinking this could be Jean and Pierre's Aunt?
I can't see it being their sister as the date of her marriage Certificate was 24th Oct 1728, and she would have been at least 20yrs, so this would have her being born around 1700, and Jean and Pierre were born 1722 and 1725. Their parents would be too old............don't you think?

The other information you sent that was in French about I THINK two births of John and Isabella's Villebois's children??
Were their children called, Jean and Pierre Villebois?
I would dearly love to find a real connection...........you are all such a great help.
Bye again, and thanks again for your thoughts. Best wishes to all.....

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 21 February 18 11:49 GMT (UK) »
No, it's still here.