Author Topic: Cannot Located Death Certificate - Harold Henry King b.Chippenham died Inverness  (Read 2541 times)

Offline peattie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hello,

My Grandfather's family moved back and forward between Inverness and Wiltshire for the best part of 20 years. From our best guess we think that Harold Henry King (sometimes on certs as Henry Harold) would have passed away between 1929 and 1932 in inverness. He would appear to be alive when other family members have events recorded, marriages and deaths in the late 1920's but we were always told that he had passed away before 1932.

We have checked all places he was connected with in Somerset, Wiltshire and Inverness but we can find no death recorded.

He was married to Catherine King (nee Campbell) from Girvan and was born in 1875.

Many Thanks for any help.

Anne 

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot Located Death Certificate - Harold Henry King b.Chippenham died Inverness
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 February 18 22:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat

There is no birth registration on freebmd before 1881 for a Henry Harold or Harold Henry King in Wiltshire.  Did you get his birthyear and birthplace from a census record?

There is a Henry King birth Dec qtr 1875 Chippenham - what document shows both christian names

He married Catherine in 1897 as Harold Henry.  Where are they in 1901?

Have you located Catherine's death on Scotlands People?  Was Henry/Harold shown as still living on her death cert?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline peattie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot Located Death Certificate - Harold Henry King b.Chippenham died Inverness
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 February 18 23:12 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your reply.

Catherine was with her family in Inverness in 1901, Harold was with Cameron Highlanders, en route to Boer war at time of census, we believe. Catherine died in 1929, in Inverness but the death was registered by her son in law, despite Harold being noted as a sergeant in RHA and not shown as deceased.

The whole family was in Axbridge in 1911, with all children, except one born in 1914.

Thanks again for your interest.

Anne

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 17 February 18 23:30 GMT (UK) »
My Grandfather's family moved back and forward between Inverness and Wiltshire for the best part of 20 years.

In 1911 they are in Somerset and he is shown just as Henry King but I notice they have a son Harold Henry.  First 2 children born Inverness and 3rd in Rosshire. Next 2 Chippenham and last one Somerset so they moved around

If his parents were Henry & Emma then he is just shown as Henry in 1881 as well. 

A possibility

Henry King aged 55 death reg December qtr 1931  Axbridge Volume 5c Page    533

Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline peattie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 17 February 18 23:57 GMT (UK) »
Yes, he recorded himself as Harold henry on several of the children's birth certificates and the marriage certificates of his daughters. Very confusing!

We saw the axbridge record but it didn't fit with the timeline of what we know of my grandad, but I think we'll investigate that further. The eldest daughter remained in England so it may well be him. I think we need to at least check it.

This has been so helpful. Thanks so much, I'll let you know!

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 18 February 18 00:08 GMT (UK) »
The 1911 doesn't show another Henry King in the age range living in the Axminster area of Somerset so fingers crossed the death cert has some positive info that identifies him.  I checked for a will but nothing coming up

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 18 February 18 04:02 GMT (UK) »

What happened in 1932?. It must be a reference point........recorded as deceased on a BDM certificate, named in a Will.......must be something.

Offline peattie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 18 February 18 09:39 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your reply.

My grandad enlisted in the army in 1932 and he told my mum that he had to because both his parents had passed away and his sisters couldn't take him in. We've confirmed that date via his army record.

Obviously, that is a bit anecdotal but we do know that he was definately deceased by 1940 via my grandparents MC.

Thanks

Anne

Offline RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 18 February 18 17:46 GMT (UK) »
Have you checked this one
Harry Henry, Inverness, 1934 aged 76  Ref 098/A 470