Author Topic: Cannot Located Death Certificate - Harold Henry King b.Chippenham died Inverness  (Read 2544 times)

Offline peattie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot Located Death Certificate - Harold Henry King b.Chippenham died Inverness
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 18 February 18 19:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your time and suggestion but that's not the right one.

Cheers

Anne 

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot Located Death Certificate - Harold Henry King b.Chippenham died Inverness
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 18 February 18 21:01 GMT (UK) »
He was born 1875 so would only have been 59 in 1934
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 18 February 18 21:14 GMT (UK) »
Carole meant 57 in 1932.

They wouldn't take him at that age.

I just trolled the newspaper archives there are several Henry's and King's it might be worth your while to see if any of these make sense.

Don

I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline peattie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 18 February 18 21:35 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry, I'm not following you. Who wouldn't take him?

Offline peattie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 18 February 18 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Just read again, if you mean about the army, that wasn't him. We're looking for the death record for Harold Henry (sometimes Henry Harold) King,

His son, my grandfather,  had to enlist in the army because both his parents had died. We know from his record that he joined up in 1932, aged 18.

Something that does bother me though,  Harold was a soldier for Cameron Highlanders 1891 - c1903 and was then in the pub trade a long time, suddenly he starts appearing on certificates as Sargent in the RHA right up till 1929.  I can see him maybe enlisting at 39 for WW1 but don't know why this would still be listed as his occupation 10 years later.

Something else to investigate!

Thanks for your input.

Anne

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 18 February 18 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Don

Carole meant 57 in 1932

No - I meant what I posted.  See reply 8.  Possible death posted for 1934 aged 76.  HH was born 1875 so would have been 59 in 1934
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline merryhow

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 19 February 18 00:11 GMT (UK) »

Hi, not really any help in finding Harold/Henry' s death and you may already have this but from SP index it looks as though HH and Catherine had twins Henry John and Catherine born 1898 died 1898. By the DReg it would appear they died very soon after birth. If these twins belong to your family there is a good chance HH's father was called Henry.
You don't seem to have  HH's  have you tried looking at the 1871/1881 census in the area where he said he was born for any King born in Scotland,perhaps his parents were Scottish.

Offline peattie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 19 February 18 07:25 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your reply.

We didn't have a twins birth for them. They married in 97 and we have their "eldest" daughter on the 1901 census, we didn't think there was any more children. Of course, it's unlikely that my grandad would have been told about that or told us. The second child was also HH.

Yes, we believe his father was Henry King, married to an Emma Blanchard in Wiltshire.

HH snr for some reason enlisted with Cameron Highlanders in 1891, whilst in London. Given Catherine's age, I would imagine they met when he was living at barracks in Inverness. We've never turned up another Scottish relative for HH snr.

Thanks for your reply.

Anne

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 19 February 18 09:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Carole's find of the death reg Axbridge 1931, aged 55, is in the timeline you noted.
Axbridge is only 5m(?) from where they were living in 1911 (Highbridge)

6 children are recorded as the number of children born and still alive.

"Pub trade" was he a publican?
Any idea of the pub(s) he ran?
May be a trace there.

Ray

"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).