Author Topic: Frances Turner Birth 1790 - 1810  (Read 627 times)

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Frances Turner Birth 1790 - 1810
« on: Sunday 18 February 18 13:54 GMT (UK) »
I am seeking a birth of a Frances Turner in or around Newcastle during this time frame.

She married Geo Inksater 4 Oct 1829 (St. Nicholas) and had her first child baptised 27 Dec 1829 (All Saints) which answered the question why a 44 year old bachelor married.  She had two more children the last in 1835 and died before 1836 (Geo. remarried).

Their eldest daughter was Elizabeth so this could be her mother there is no Elizabeth in George's line. A female witness to their marriage was Mary Millen/Miller perhaps a married sister.  George lived in Sandygate.

I have tried Family Search, Ancestry and Woodhorn with no luck and the local papers of the time as well.

Thanks,

Don
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frances Turner Birth 1790 - 1810
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 February 18 14:51 GMT (UK) »
If you have tried all the usual resources (including non conformist records) and not found anything, perhaps she originated outside the area.

Do you have a burial record or anything else that tells you her recorded age at death ? That would help to narrow down her birth year.
Family Search have 137 Frances Turner baptisms in England between 1800-1809, and Scotlands People have 1 (baptised 1807, Gorbals Parish)

Boo

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 February 18 15:57 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Boo I have looked at most of these but nothing so far fits.  The Gorbals one is of Robert and Mary Wallace and it led to a dead-end; others I found their marriage or death in later years.

Her age at death is an unknown as is the exact date of her death only that would have occurred after her namesakes birth and before George's second marriage.

Don

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 18 February 18 16:06 GMT (UK) »
Newcastle Courant dated October 10th 1829
on the 4th inst in this town
Mr George Inksater to Miss Frances Turner
no other information
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 18 February 18 16:47 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Radcliff, I have this clipping which is how I found him and his bride to begin with.

Don