Author Topic: Gertrude Nancy Foley, where are you?  (Read 4164 times)

Offline Traysha

• RootsChat Member
  • Gd father John Smith
    • View Profile
Re: Gertrude Nancy Foley, where are you?
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 28 February 18 13:00 GMT (UK) »
Thanks all for your input. Suppose will remain a mystery unless there are some rellies out there who know anything. My contacts who might have known have sadly died. Seems strange that she should pick such a distinct name for a "husband". My thought is that she must have known or heard of him as her son worked on the railways and she lived 50yds from Hagley station when she got pregnant. Also Hagley and Hartlebury Station(where he lived in the station house when he died) are just 12mins away by train. When she moved to Bromyard she could have kept the Foley name as her son was a Foley, and therefore it would be assumed she was married. Ironically his wife Amy died the same year as Gertrude Nancy.

Think its time to put this to bed!!
Pugh  Bishops Castle
Burley Cradley Heath
Foley  Cradley Heath
Smith  Netherton

Offline tivoli57

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 01 April 18 04:08 BST (UK) »
I may be able to help as I am the grand daughter of Gertrude Nancy Foley... :)

Offline Traysha

• RootsChat Member
  • Gd father John Smith
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 01 April 18 11:47 BST (UK) »
What wonderful news! Hope I haven't brought up anything you're not happy with sharing. Perhaps as you are a newbie to this site you would be happier to contact me by private message or email. What area do you live in?
Just found this:

Welcome to RootsChat

New members must make 2 posts before they can use the personal message system and I think the same applies to the chat room

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Pugh  Bishops Castle
Burley Cradley Heath
Foley  Cradley Heath
Smith  Netherton

Offline Traysha

• RootsChat Member
  • Gd father John Smith
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 01 April 18 11:58 BST (UK) »
Hurrah, we could be second cousins once removed  ;D :-*
Pugh  Bishops Castle
Burley Cradley Heath
Foley  Cradley Heath
Smith  Netherton

Offline tivoli57

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 01 April 18 20:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Traysha
That is very good news and I am not at all unhappy with anything you have been sharing as I too, am looking for some answers. 
I am Lawson George Foley's daughter and I have been trying to find out who his Father was.  We know it is not Frederick Richards as we have had DNA tests done for members of his family and ours.  He was the father of my two aunts, Bertha and Margaret, who are still living.  At that time he was married to Amy Isabella so he never did marry Nancy and she never actually married at all!
I am living in New Zealand, hence the late reply to your post as we are ahead in time of you by 12 hours.
I'd love to hear more from you as you may be able to fill in some missing pieces for me.  Yes, I am new to Roots but am a member of other genealogy websites.
Yes and let's have a private conversation - thanks for your help with that.

Offline Traysha

• RootsChat Member
  • Gd father John Smith
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 01 April 18 21:43 BST (UK) »
Ah, seems to have been a few porkies told. (slang, pork pies-lies, do you get it?)
So, if Fred was the father of two of your aunts he has to be connected to you and I would like to know how. I'll send a pm.
A cousin of my mother told me Lawson's name so I decided to research him. He said that for someone with such a poor start in life he did very well for himself. I found his GWR and RAF records and a birth notice for a daughter in the Falkirk Herald.
Pugh  Bishops Castle
Burley Cradley Heath
Foley  Cradley Heath
Smith  Netherton

Offline Andrew00

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 21:10 BST (UK) »
I also may be able to help. I am a Grandson of Nancy, new to the forum and have been doing some research since my Mother Margaret, sister to Lawson, passed away. A lot of Grandmother's side of the family remains a mystery to me but I have some photos that may be of interest. I have been in contact with one of Lawson's daughters but would welcome a private conversation.

Offline tivoli57

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 21:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Andrew
Debbie here.  I will respond to your email and we can have a chat  :)