Author Topic: what do I do when the census records don't match?  (Read 743 times)

Online keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: what do I do when the census records don't match?
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 18 February 18 23:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi again, it is possible that Kate Smith aged 17 Single b Stanton is a Penitent at the House of Mercy, Church Hill, Bussage, Bisley, Gloucestershire in 1891 census ref RG12/2023/121/24
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline innerspark

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 19 February 18 18:55 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, I will check that out

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Thornwood

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 19 February 18 19:47 GMT (UK) »
Pauline J I think you need to read your posts and consider the tone you are using in the way you reply to newbies. I have read your replies to two different posts in the last two days and if I was them I would be put off from contacting Rootschatters again.
I have never commented on individuals before but I was surprised on both occasions at the way you answered queries. We were all new to the hobby once.