Author Topic: James Hunston born 1850 Married Margaret Dalton 1868  (Read 1583 times)

Offline RobinOz

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Hunston born 1850 Married Margaret Dalton 1868
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 06 March 18 19:44 GMT (UK) »
Hello Again,
I think James Hunston or Hunstone has been sorted, but I am having difficulty with his wife Margaret Dalton. Their marriage certificate in 1868 shows her aged 18 and her father as William Dalton. I cannot find him in the 1861 census with a daughter Margaret who should be 11 years old.
As an aside - The certificate was given to me by my 3rd cousin whom i found two days ago via a DNA match .We had both had tests done and Ancestry came up with a high probability match. It turns out we are indeed related. It turns out her maternal grandmother and my paternal grandfather were sibling.
Rob

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 07 March 18 18:06 GMT (UK) »
I can't see Margaret either sadly.   Her address was Chadwick St Manchester when she married and I find this William Dalton and family living there in 1861 with no sign of Margaret.    https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M7FQ-7YM

I can't see this William or  his family pre or post this date.  Quite possibly completely unrelated  :-\

Kay

Offline RobinOz

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 07 March 18 20:03 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Kay for your efforts. I've been up a few false trails, hopefully I'll get there eventually.