Author Topic: Lookup Whitby Fish Seller 船olly Gaines  (Read 3395 times)

Offline Jayhen6

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup Whitby Fish Seller 船olly Gaines
« Reply #18 on: Monday 19 February 18 12:34 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Rosie, Many thanks Cristeen and everyone for your assistance. I致e taken on a bit of a project with Whitby folk. Suggestions very helpful re the Newspapers. Perhaps Kate Gaines demise may be in there?..

Regards
Jayhen
Daubney's of Lincoln:-:Fox's of Ringley:-:Norris's of Chorley:-:Tong's of Bolton:-:Chadwick's of Leeds

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 19 February 18 12:47 GMT (UK) »
There is also another newspaper site that many UK libraries have free access to that can be viewed online if you have a county library card
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cristeen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 19 February 18 13:16 GMT (UK) »
Kate's marriage August 17th 1873 at registrar's office Mr Archibald Brown, miner, to Miss Kate Gaines, both of Church Street
Newson, Steavenson, Walker, Taylor, Dobson, Gardner, Clark, Wilson, Smith, Crossland, Goldfinch, Burnett, Hebdon, Peers, Strother, Askew, Bower, Beckwith, Patton, White, Turner, Nelson, Gilpin, Tomlinson, Thompson, Spedding, Wilkes, Carr, Butterfield, Ormandy, Wilkinson, Cocking, Glover, Pennington, Bowker, Kitching, Langhorn, Haworth, Kirkham.

Offline Jayhen6

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 19 February 18 13:57 GMT (UK) »
Much appreciated Cristeen I wonder what she died of at such a young age?.. I知 going to check with local library re access to British Newspapers

Regards Jayhen
Daubney's of Lincoln:-:Fox's of Ringley:-:Norris's of Chorley:-:Tong's of Bolton:-:Chadwick's of Leeds

Offline cristeen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 19 February 18 14:04 GMT (UK) »
I haven't found any cause of death in newspapers. A death cert will of course provide that info now you know the dates. I have found the following deaths of Archibald (Archibald has become a blacksmith, like his father who was born c 1819 in Dumfrieshire) and Kate's children. it makes for sad reading I'm afraid
6 Dec 1875, aged 17 months, Laura, dau of A Brown, Borough Place Church St
30 Jul 1877, David Arthur, infant son
28 July 1878, William Archibald Brown
20 Jan 1881, George Edward, 3 months
Doesn't seem like they had much luck :(
Newson, Steavenson, Walker, Taylor, Dobson, Gardner, Clark, Wilson, Smith, Crossland, Goldfinch, Burnett, Hebdon, Peers, Strother, Askew, Bower, Beckwith, Patton, White, Turner, Nelson, Gilpin, Tomlinson, Thompson, Spedding, Wilkes, Carr, Butterfield, Ormandy, Wilkinson, Cocking, Glover, Pennington, Bowker, Kitching, Langhorn, Haworth, Kirkham.

Offline Jayhen6

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 21 February 18 13:03 GMT (UK) »
Once again many thanks to all you helpful people who assisted and gave me advice. I now have lots of information on this family which I can put together for future generations. Sadly poor Thomas and Dolly seemed to have had a tough life losing 7 of their own children and at least 4 grandchildren from one daughter Kate. Don't know how lucky we are these days!.. i'm going to try and find out if any of his sons died at sea as they were fishermen who perished at ages 17yrs and 27yrs. Its small wonder that Thomas went off the rails dealing with all the losses in his family.

Regards
jayhen.