Author Topic: Cooke Family of Callow  (Read 346 times)

Offline kjmck

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cooke Family of Callow
« on: Monday 19 February 18 17:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have managed to completely frustrate and confuse myself at the same time. I am using Findmypast to research the Cooke part of my family as I haven't looked at them in a while and want to make sure I have the correct info, but trying to confirm the info I have on Findmypast seems to be turning up blanks.

My 3x great grandmother Elizabeth Cooke was baptised 7 March 1790 in Callow St Mary's to James Cooke & Elenor Williams. Yet a simple search for this doesn't seem to turn up any results. Nor for any of her siblings. It does on Familysearch.org but as I use findmypast more I rely on that. I also have her parents marriage date as 3rd December 1787 in Callow, but can't seem to find that either.

I don't know if I am doing something wrong but I don't usually have trouble finding results on this website. If anyone can find them please tell me how you did it!  ;D ;D

Thanks! K.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cooke Family of Callow
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 February 18 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Silly question but have you tried dropping the "e" on the end of Cooke?  It may have been added at a later date. 
Hinchliffe Huddersfield Wiltshire

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline kjmck

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 February 18 20:59 GMT (UK) »
I have yeah, and still nothing. Even on the records on Familysearch it is spelled Cooke. So I am at a bit of a loss  ??? everyone else's family tree's i research and Findmypast is a fountain of knowledge but for my own ... nothing.

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 19 February 18 21:36 GMT (UK) »
The entry in Familysearch for elisabeth Cooke, bap. 1790, is a submitted entry so will not appear on find my past, there is no source cited for this entry so it may not be reliable

Mike