Author Topic: Cooke Family of Callow  (Read 2813 times)

Offline kjmck

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cooke Family of Callow
« on: Monday 19 February 18 17:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have managed to completely frustrate and confuse myself at the same time. I am using Findmypast to research the Cooke part of my family as I haven't looked at them in a while and want to make sure I have the correct info, but trying to confirm the info I have on Findmypast seems to be turning up blanks.

My 3x great grandmother Elizabeth Cooke was baptised 7 March 1790 in Callow St Mary's to James Cooke & Elenor Williams. Yet a simple search for this doesn't seem to turn up any results. Nor for any of her siblings. It does on Familysearch.org but as I use findmypast more I rely on that. I also have her parents marriage date as 3rd December 1787 in Callow, but can't seem to find that either.

I don't know if I am doing something wrong but I don't usually have trouble finding results on this website. If anyone can find them please tell me how you did it!  ;D ;D

Thanks! K.

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cooke Family of Callow
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 February 18 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Silly question but have you tried dropping the "e" on the end of Cooke?  It may have been added at a later date. 
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline kjmck

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 February 18 20:59 GMT (UK) »
I have yeah, and still nothing. Even on the records on Familysearch it is spelled Cooke. So I am at a bit of a loss  ??? everyone else's family tree's i research and Findmypast is a fountain of knowledge but for my own ... nothing.

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 19 February 18 21:36 GMT (UK) »
The entry in Familysearch for elisabeth Cooke, bap. 1790, is a submitted entry so will not appear on find my past, there is no source cited for this entry so it may not be reliable

Mike