Author Topic: McGuffog Dalbeattie  (Read 1594 times)

Offline JanetteM

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McGuffog Dalbeattie
« on: Monday 19 February 18 18:34 GMT (UK) »
I am getting Matches via DNA testing to the McGuffog family which was the descendants of John McGuffog (1845 Anwoth-1907 Dalbeattie and his wife Revena McGaw. Married 1867. I have found info on their children Janet William John Elizabeth Maxwell James and an infant Robert, but there was also another Robert McGuffie (b1892 at 17 Mill Street, Dalbeattie I think). I am drawing a blank looking for any other information on him although I wonder if he is the Robert McGuffog boarding with his sister Elizabeth  (married to Hugh Thomson) in the 1911 Census (Dalbeattie). I'd be helped by knowing who lived in Port Street, Dalbeattie around the turn of the century, and whether Scotts and McGuffogs crossed paths there! Would that info be on valuation Rolls, and if so where can the ones for Dalbeattie be accessed???

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: McGuffog Dalbeattie
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 February 18 19:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Valuation Rolls are available on Scotlands People  - 1895, 1905 and 1915 might be of use to you.

https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/advanced-search#{%22category%22:%22valuation%22}

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***