Author Topic: Hertfordshire Parish Registers updated on Findmypast  (Read 1426 times)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Hertfordshire Parish Registers updated on Findmypast
« on: Tuesday 20 February 18 01:09 GMT (UK) »
Can't see another post about this. 

Not sure if these were added with the "update" to Hertfordshire PRs announced at end of January (which at the time didn't seem from the numbers to be that large compared to what was missing) or if more have been added since, but FindMyPast appear to have finally got round to trying to sort out the mess of missing registers for Hertfordshire (from an email response from the Herts RO archivist the other year, I think they've been working with Familysearch on this). 

What have definitely appeared include post 1800/1810 Watford and Rickmansworth, also some 1800s register(s) for Redbourn and Abbots Langley. ;D  There may be others but I have not checked all I want to look for yet.

So if you've been disappointed previously with the poor coverage for the collection on FindMyPast for Hertfordshire, probably worth another look to see if what you were looking for has appeared.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day