Author Topic: Manorial records translation  (Read 344 times)

Offline kathblackshaw

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Manorial records translation
« on: Tuesday 20 February 18 13:59 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone have any idea how I can get some information on a Manorial record translated from Latin to English? It was written in about 1600. There are two lots of information, one is about half a page and the other about a quarter of a page. I have a digital copy of the whole pages. Any help gratefully received!

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Manorial records translation
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 14:24 GMT (UK) »
Welcome - you've come to the right place.

As you'll have seen from other posts on this board, people usually attach an image of the document, rather than a link to an image on another site - it makes life a bit easier for those trying to help.

There are some tips on how to attach images in this thread - http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=130922.0

From a personal point of view, I'd add that I'm more likely to respond to something that looks like it will take 5-10 minutes than one that might need 20-30, so posting in small chunks may be preferable, but a lot depends on how challenging the document is and whether you want all of it transcribed and/or translated, or just a few words.

Good luck!
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk