Author Topic: Need Date, Possibly McManus Family of Georgia  (Read 208 times)

Offline Arris

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Need Date, Possibly McManus Family of Georgia
« on: Tuesday 20 February 18 15:40 GMT (UK) »
I believe the two men to be my GG uncles. Can someone please date their photo? The post card pic is the back of their photo. I attempted to date it from a resource in my library and want to see if I am correct. The POSTCARD writing, lol, is not mine. I am not sure who attempted to write on it. The two ladies, I believe, are my GG aunts. Can someone please date them? No restore is requested on either photo - just dating. Thanks in advance for your time and help.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
Re: Need Date, Possibly McManus Family of Georgia
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 22 February 18 04:57 GMT (UK) »
Arris, your request has dropped right down the board. I'm not confident of a date - perhaps 1920s? - but this will bring it up the board for the experts to see.
Peter 
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
Re: Need Date, Possibly McManus Family of Georgia
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 22 February 18 10:52 GMT (UK) »
1st. late 1930's - early 1940's.
2nd. Obviously dated from the stamp box.
Difficult to say if it's pre or post WW1. I don't think as early as 1907 but could be around 1914-22 taking old card stock into account.
Warks:Ashford;Cadby;Clarke;Clifford;Cooke Copage;Easthope;
Edmonds;Felton;Colledge;Lutwyche;Mander(s);May;Poole;Withers.
Staffs.Edmonds;Addison;Duffield;Webb;Fisher;Archer
Salop:Easthope,Eddowes,Hoorde,Oteley,Vernon,Talbot,De Neville.
Notts.Clarke;Redfearne;Treece.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.
Worcs.Coley;Mander;Sawyer.
Kings of Wessex & Scotland
Census information is Crown copyright,from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline Arris

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk