Author Topic: dna  (Read 627 times)

Offline mitch601

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
dna
« on: Wednesday 21 February 18 15:20 GMT (UK) »
ok so i did a dna last year,have only come across a 3rd cousin in canada and a 4th to 6th cousin by marriage in edinburgh,both through my sinclair link(maternal grandmother maiden name) how do i find more? i am also  looking for descendants of  Campbells from nairn,( village of auldearn etc) and also from italian side,ive not come across anyone researching the names foce or chiappini either. thanks in advance

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: dna
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 February 18 15:48 GMT (UK) »
Don't know which test you took but have you posted your dna data on other sites e.g. gedmatch, ftdna in order to widen your field of possible matches?

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline mgeneas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 21 February 18 18:03 GMT (UK) »
Have you added your tree to the dna results so that people can find you?

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 23 February 18 13:53 GMT (UK) »
I haven't come across any matches with my maiden name Steer, apart from one possibility, unproven, from 1700s.

Philip Steer 1854 however married Mary Jane Laversuch born 1859. Laversuch has been one of my most 'successful' surnames, with several descendants of Mary Jane's siblings and her Newman parents. Plus one Leversuch/Laversuch DNA match confirming connection to family from early 1700s, 7th cousins.

It's luck of the draw who else has been tested with any particular surname you are interested in.

Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline Lena Grant

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 27 February 19 21:46 GMT (UK) »
To mitch601:  I believe I am your half second cousin once removed, as noted in my post on your William Simpson Campbell thread. We should be able to verify our relationship through DNA. I feel it would be more appropriate to do this privately and I will contact you by personal message now that I have made the required three posts to RootsChat.