Author Topic: Looking for info on the Price Romany Family from Wales  (Read 711 times)

Offline Marona

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Looking for info on the Price Romany Family from Wales
« on: Thursday 22 February 18 11:25 GMT (UK) »
Looking for any info on the Price family who lived in Cadoxton. Glamorgan

Creddy ( Caradog ) Price

His wife Catherine Price ( Raffery )

Ivy who married Lala Lee

Pearl ( Josephine ) who married Michael Evon
Looking for:Price Lee Evon Raffery Stokes Rafferty Mitchell Stevenson Stereo/Sterig Ryles Burton Hearn
Loveridge Holland Riley Stokes Lane

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline panished

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for info on the Price Romany Family from Wales
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 February 18 23:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marona

its me michael, i,m sure we spoke long ago about things, you showed me photos of snow and a big dog you had, not that one on your profile, you spoke of Canada, You spoke with the Romany Words of Europe, i am sure i have read things about what you have been researching, you have been looking a long time, if i find again anything that may be of interest to You i will of course put it on, You may have forgotten me, thats alright,  i do hope Your Family is well.

michael

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline panished

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 26 February 18 21:11 GMT (UK) »
 Helo Marona

i hope You are well, i found this photo in a  Magazine Newspaper, which i think is of Your Relations, i posted of it on: Tuesday 27 December 16 14:21 GMT (UK)

The Sphere
 Saturday 10 February 1934 Page 187

Wedding. Joseph Steiro and Lena Evano, two members of a French-Canadian  tribe of gipsies, who were married at sunset at Whitton Park, Middlesex, on the last day of January. The bride and bridegroom (right centre) are seen listening to music near the camp fire after the ceremony

I posted this one on Saturday 24 December 16 21:43 GMT (UK)

These are two good photos of the   Romany Gipsy Price Family from Wales

Burnley Express and News 8  September 1951 page 3

members of the Price Family gather round for a photograph, from left to right are, Jimmy holding the dog Jes, Mrs Price,  Ruby with Nigger ,and Mr Price with Randa, there are two other members of the Family not in the picture, mr Prices Son John, and His Wife Jane

It was about ten years ago that we spoke, You said Your Name was Ramona, i suppose its a long time to remember, i hope i can help You in the things i have found.

michael

Offline panished

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 25 March 18 19:57 BST (UK) »
  Helo Marona

i have been looking over records and have found several relating to people you are looking for, there is much information that may help in your research, there are many names mentioned and places to, i will only put the name of the newspaper and date so you can find them yourself, i know some people only like to collect names and are not that interested in related history, so i will not write up what i find but i will show you where to find all the information

michael

Offline panished

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 01 April 18 07:51 BST (UK) »
 Helo Marona

I do hope you are well, i have been reading through all your rootschat posts, i see many people have given you help with restoring your photographs plus people have wrote also to you about genealogy and wider records, i do note you talk about skeletons in the closet, i take it maybe you are just looking for certain things, i have read thousands of records from several of the names you say you are looking for, they are found in Ireland England Wales and Scotland, it does not matter the name, it does not matter the country, it does not matter the date, and more it does not matter when a name first joined into the gipsy families, gipsy people are gipsy people, if its there its there, if you know you know, so with this in mind i will just try and help you to look for yourself, i have found fantastic accounts, these i will not write up, what you should do is write all the records up from the newspapers then like a montage read them as one, just as an example the French Canadian Gipsies tell of Spain before Canada, and also there is talk of Brazil and Greece, you will evan find a Marona, Lena, Michael, Minni, Ruby, Angelina, Stevan, Susie, Thomas, Pete, Lauri, Archie, Tennis, Valentina and George, there are more to, the last names sometimes are doubled barreled, there Great Stories, in the beginning some are travelling with performing animals in caravans, Archie was a coppersmith, through out these times tho the Women are Great, the Finest, going further back all your wider families have great histories, the Women there to are the Greatest, there are some sad story's, you know Children dieing in tragic accidents and such, then there is normal everyday things and again some funny ones, there is much information about who is said and stated to be related to each other down through the years, there are stated locations and camp sites that are mentioned that intern may lead you onwards, the information contained in the records i have read is vast and extensive, you must try and look for yourself, you will find very old unusual gipsy names like Spizana and Sinfy, in some of the families that are not thought of as being of the famous ones, i would say there are great old connections with older families, i think the Raffertys are of the Irish Tinsmiths, the Stokes go back a long way to, as do the Riley, Riles, Ryles, i could write several books on the Prices a Big Name for sure, there are many many more names that link up to those which you look for, many names, i have only researched the Stokes, Riles, Riley, Ryles, Raffertys, Prices, Slenders, Stevensons, Evons, Sterigs, Sterio, there will be much more for you to find, just another example, below is a web site, you will read on this site the story of Noah Slender another of Your family names that i know of through me reading your other posts on roots chat, well again i have read records of the Slenders in English newspapers where they claim they come from Wales, then i have read records in papers from Wales where they claimed they came from England, there is an old record from Wales of Righteous Slender then in England in later generations you will find a later Righteous Slender, there was a man named William who once wrote to me about the name Gipsy, he told of his old relative Righteous Lee who was married to Penelope Cooper and how he was named in a very old record as Righteous Lee Wandering Gipsy of Egypt, there is much to be learned through first names, the Slenders like the other names i have mentioned are said also in the papers to be related to the Scarrotts, Ayres, Loveridges, Jones and more, lots you will find round the Gloucestershire ways, i have evan found the Slenders and Prices round the very same places in Suffolk as in the story about Noah Slender on the web site below,

https://borrowsgypsies.wordpress.com/tag/noah-slender/

this notice next is in a record from 1858, if you do research the names you seek you will find several feuds between the Gipsies, i am sure you understand such things.

Extract

" Cambridge. On Monday last a rumour rapidly spread that a gipsy had been murdered at the Man Laden with Mischief public house an appropriate sign for a mischievous deed.
 Nicholas and William Slender alias Brown, and Jonas and Cornelius Shaw, belong to the vagabond family of the Gipsies. They are rival houses in the fiddling line, and last Plough-Monday, a deadly feud arose between the Browns and the Shaws as to which party would do the music for a party of Morris Dancers, several fights had taken place between the tribes, pokers, tongs, and shovels were used in the melee, the Browns were victorious, Cornelius succumbed to a tremendous blow from a shovel which fractured his skull, the landlady had a tooth extracted by the tongs".

Also in 1827 Mary Price is with the Boswells, they are up on a horse charge. there is evan a William Price travelling with the Wiltshire's in the 1890s their up in court for horses straying, your Families are Rich in Gipsy History of the Highest Order it as been my Good Luck and Fortune to have read of their Great Story may they all Rest in Peace

Leahcim

ps. I hope You have a good life and Good Luck to You, i never forgot when you asked if i could help, i felt bad for i did not know how to help you, i am free now, i will not write back again but you must search, you can do it.