Author Topic: Crest or Coat of Arms ?  (Read 10326 times)

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Crest or Coat of Arms ?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 22 February 18 20:18 GMT (UK) »
Is this a communion thingy?

Skoosh.

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 22 February 18 20:30 GMT (UK) »
The Worthpoint website I mentioned earlier will have a valuation, but you need to register to see it!

Described as a commemorative plate?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 22 February 18 21:55 GMT (UK) »
It's a piece of history and it looks nice - don't scrap it!

Offline udoittwo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 23 February 18 12:51 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again for the info on the souvenir plate. I took down all the info and now am more interested in the piece. The one that you sent the article on appears to be a copy of the one I won? It is 10.5" in diameter and is obviously machine stamped where the one I bought is 12.5" and is hand made. The one sold on Ebay had no makers mark or silver content stamping which has been required in Europe for hundreds of years. The one I won has the .950 silver stamp that was used in Austria/Hungary from 1875-1922.

Alhough I may have not used the correct forum, you all were very helpful.
Thank you again for your time,
Karl.

Offline udoittwo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 02 March 18 15:12 GMT (UK) »
If anyone was curious, I found the markings and they were partially missing/poorly stamped. It shows ?USTRIA and ?UANA. Someone told me that is INDUSTRIA PURANA a Peruvian silversmith.

I thought I was really onto something as  the Kingdom of Yugoslavia was part of Austria. There is one other mark that was removed and at one time. For some reason, it was cut in 2 pieces. Someone cut it so fine so it could be put back together by a good silversmith.

I still have these treasure hunter type thoughts that it may be a real piece that was cut to to hide from the Germans or Russians or to smuggle out pre-occupation to S. America, put back together in Peru post WWII and the original markings were removed and INDUSTRIA PERUANA added?

Oh well, thanks again,
Karl.

Offline rmfeeback

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 24 October 22 04:23 BST (UK) »
 I just got on this site and found this exact same plate. Mine is Sterling Silver. Couldn't figure out the crest.  Thank you for all of this! Totally random luck googling Hoc Sigum Vere Regum Este. Nothing in Lima comes up with the Crest though!  Yugoslavia.  Thank you!  Makes sense my grandfather was in the military in Europe during WWII.      Thank you Karl.