Author Topic: Date and general age of children please.....St Saviours or St Anthony's in Govan  (Read 1587 times)

Offline garngad

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Date and general age of children please.....St Saviours or St Anthony's in Govan
« Reply #9 on: Friday 23 February 18 17:28 GMT (UK) »
OK sorry for posting the 2nd didn't really think about permissions just thought about comparisons I should know better can I thank you all anyway's for looking and information passed. H
Henderson
Crawford

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Date and general age of children please.....St Saviours or St Anthony's in Govan
« Reply #10 on: Friday 23 February 18 18:36 GMT (UK) »
Teacher in your photo seems to have been wearing a shorter dress/skirt than teacher in other pic. 1 leg is visible next to girl pupil. She was wearing light or flesh-coloured stockings and shoes with straps and high heels.
If the girls normally wore pinnies at school like some younger girls in the other photo they may have taken them off to be photographed?
Cowban

Offline garngad

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 23 February 18 19:49 GMT (UK) »
Thank you maiden stone, My own photo/pic I thought  could be my granddad at school which would maybe date around 1928/9 as he was born 1917 if anyone thought it could be earlier then it could'nt be him but maybe one of his brothers or even sisters might be in it the other picture I posted ( without permission ) of a class circa 1917 from St Anthony's which my grand father could have went as both school where quite close by Govan having a large population at the time I was sent to compare and I could'nt tell (so apologies to Mary Blair or who owns that picture) I realise that the brickwork was different but maybe the all girl picture might have been a annex. Once again thanks for any input and time you have all spent. H
Henderson
Crawford

Offline matthewj64

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 24 February 18 01:48 GMT (UK) »
Could the teacher in the 1917 pic be the same person in the later one?

Offline matthewj64

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 24 February 18 01:54 GMT (UK) »
OK sorry for posting the 2nd didn't really think about permissions just thought about comparisons I should know better can I thank you all anyway's for looking and information passed. H

The 1917 pic has been posted here previously
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=184821.0