Author Topic: Does 4 Angels Row, All Saints, Worcester still exist?  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Barbara348

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • (Virture in difficulty)
    • View Profile
Re: Does 4 Angels Row, All Saints, Worcester still exist?
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 19 April 18 16:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Phil,  HAPPY BIRTHDAY :)

Thanks very much for the info, much appreciated.

Hope you're enjoying your visit to your old home town.

I like to visit mine now & again but I always come back with mixed feelings - some happy, some sad but that's how it is.

All the best to you Phil and enjoy your birthday.

Cheers

Barbara.
Howell. Marshall. Frew.Finn.Williams.Jones.Carroll.
Hinksman. Zeitline.Roberts.Shepherd.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 26 April 18 11:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Barbara

Im glad I could send you a bit of info & since sending it found another old  map (as part of a display) at the HIVE & it clearly shows Angel Row in the place I thought it should be which contradicts Google maps & Worcester City council who even gave what Google maps show as Angel Row a post code so its getting a bit of a problem for you knowing who to believe

All the very best

Phil
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 03 May 18 11:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Barbara

While waiting for the bus at Worcester on Tuesday after Id left the HIVe I spent some time looking at what I regard as Angel Row & there are a lot of old buildings at the bottom of it(the Angel Place end)that I think must have been for some sort of manufacturing a long time ago as one of them has a very tall square chimney (the sort Fred Dibner use to rave about I hope you know who Im talking about but if not google his name & that will find him), Those buildings are now a nightclub but Im a bit past using them at my age  :).

All the very best

Phil
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin