Author Topic: Does 4 Angels Row, All Saints, Worcester still exist?  (Read 1902 times)

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
Re: Does 4 Angels Row, All Saints, Worcester still exist?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 06 March 18 11:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi There

I cant understand this as I sent you a posting saying exactly where Angel Row is (as it still exists) & my posting has not shown up on these pages - I will repeat from memory what I can - Angel Row runs down the side of a large shopping centre in Worcester & all that is there is the Worcester bus station so I would say that all the dwellings have gone & if not they are very well disguised as when Im on holiday in the City of my birth I catch a bus in Angel Row every week.

All the very best

Phil
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Mapstone, Mapston.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 10 March 18 12:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stan

The reply I was referring to was one I made after the posting you directed me to but made on the same day that one was so god knows where it vanished to & I thought I was helping as I do know Worcester rather well

All the best

Phil
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 17 March 18 11:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barbera

Re the Ariel map Stan sent you a link to - you can clearly see Angel Row on it but the car park it looks as though it leads to is the very top story of the Crowngate Shopping Centre & if you walk on the street level down Angel Row you are in Worcester Bus Station & there are no private dwellings there.

All the very best

Phil
born in Worcester City 1944
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 17 March 18 13:25 GMT (UK) »
This  is a photograph at ground level looking towards Angel Street https://goo.gl/maps/5czcqb2imC32

Stan
Mapstone, Mapston.

Offline Emjaybee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Yer I be again
    • View Profile
Beard Voyce, Scrivens in Worcestershire

Offline Emjaybee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Yer I be again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 24 March 18 16:09 GMT (UK) »
Beard Voyce, Scrivens in Worcestershire

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 31 March 18 10:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Barbera

Im about to eat humble pie.

The other night I looked at a very detailed map I have for Worcester City & to my amazement see that the part of Worcester where I catch busses & I was sure was Angel Row is not, but Angel Row is a walkway that runs virtually parallel to the where Angel Row is marked on Google Maps that you were referred to earlier by Stan if I remember right, so the map he told you about is wrong.  I would imagine you could see part of Angel Row if you go to Google streetview where you can walk the streets - if you ask for Angel Street & walk down it towards the bus station you are going in the right direction - now back track to the right hand corner of Angel Street & Angel Place you should then be able to look over the road & see the entrance to Angel Row but I doubt you will be able to walk up there as I don't think cars are allowed unless you have business up there - so its pedestrians or push bikes - Ive walked up here many times to get to the HIVE & I remember that there is at least on house up there but have not paid much attention to it but it looks fairly modern at a quick glance.  I will have a better look when Im in Worcester next month

All the very best

Phil
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 31 March 18 13:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Barbera

Im about to eat humble pie.

The other night I looked at a very detailed map I have for Worcester City & to my amazement see that the part of Worcester where I catch busses & I was sure was Angel Row is not, but Angel Row is a walkway that runs virtually parallel to the where Angel Row is marked on Google Maps that you were referred to earlier by Stan if I remember right, so the map he told you about is wrong.

All the very best

Phil

Do you mean the 1886 map I linked to https://www.old-maps.co.uk/#/Map/384809/255054/13/100390 if so it clearly shows Angel Row. If you keep zooming  out you get the modern map.

Stan
Mapstone, Mapston.