Author Topic: Janet/Jessie Nicoll of Craig Parish.  (Read 2494 times)

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
Re: Janet/Jessie Nicoll of Craig Parish.
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 25 February 18 03:21 GMT (UK) »
That is great that you have made the correct link another piece of your jigsaw complete.

Please do let SP know of the error as Forfarian suggests. I looked for a marriage of a great aunt for years. I did not know if she had married in Scotland or England but nothing came upon SP so just assumed it must have been England and there were a few there that fitted.  Too expensive to order all the certificates so it looked like another brick wall. Late last year information from a family member came up with her husband's first name of Bob. Not really any help. However, a p.s. on his Christmas card gave me Bob's surname.  It had come from another cousin in Canada. I searched on SP under the husband's name and found the marriage - her surname on the index was totally wrong. I emailed SP and they have corrected it.

Dorrie

Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline jennywren001

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with yet another pudding bowl haircut...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 26 February 18 08:37 GMT (UK) »
My 3xs great grandmother Jean Stott got married in Craig in 1844, from her death certificate of 1888 her parents are listed as William Stott and Helen Mitchell. Her father William Stott died in 1871 aged 80 (listed as widower of Helen Mitchell) his parents are listed as James Stott/Stot/Stoot and Margaret Smith. It looks like Margaret Smith is living with William in 1841 showing as aged 80. Do you know who the parents of John Stott married to Ann Tindal were?
Jen
North East Scotland above the Tay...
JOLLY, Johnston,Thom, Rae, Davidson, Fielding, Sherret
FEARN, McKenzie, Stirling [brick wall], Robb, Wilson, Stott
RUSSELL, Fullerton, Christie, Cochrane, Davidson, Coutts, Easton, Scott
FRASER, Henderson, Noble, Mundie, Goodall, Thain, Neish, Moir

Offline Liviani

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 13 March 18 03:00 GMT (UK) »
Dorrie and Jen, 

Apologies for the late response to this thread. Ended up moving house quite suddenly and family tree stuff was on the back burner for a while. 

I will check my tree tomorrow Jen when I am back on my PC (using phone just now).

Dorrie, will definitely contact SP about the error tomorrow, has totally forgotten to do this with the move.

Will keep on top of this now.

. Do you know who the parents of John Stott married to Ann Tindal were?
Jen

Sorry, can't seem to find anything conclusive for who John Stott's parents were.

As per his marriage record in 1809 it states he was of Craig Parish and his wife Ann Tindal was of Stracathro. I would assume that he was born circa. 1787, but have found nothing concrete yet.
mtDNA subclade K1b2b. Father's Y-DNA I-S25383
GEDmatch kit; CF7867455
Father's kit; RY1336515
Mother's kit; AF2312865

Kincardineshire
Sheret, Hosie, Valentine, Crow, Beattie, McArthur, Wyllie.
Angus (Forfarshire)
Adam, Valentine, Ewan, Elder, Guild, Kydd, Bradford, Stronner, Gibson, Cloudsley, Evans, Stewart, Stott.
Perthshire
Small, Robertson, Murray, Kennedy, McGregor
Ross & Cromarty
Cameron, Stewart, Grant
Banffshire - Gamrie
Anderson, Massie