Author Topic: Richard Hickman 1743 Frodesley  (Read 1455 times)

Offline joyce341

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Dad aged two in 1891
    • View Profile
Richard Hickman 1743 Frodesley
« on: Friday 23 February 18 22:55 GMT (UK) »
i have a settlement order for my 3x great grandfather  Richard Hickman born 1743 illegitimate to my 4x great grandmother Susanna Hickman, There was a will made by her grandfather saying she could have some clocks provided she did not marry without her fathers consent, in October 1745 her father died in March 1746 she married Richard Langford in Frodesley We believe Richard Langford was his father but was unable to marry him,i have done a Ancestry DNA with someone from the Langford line although we have 37 matches it is not conclusive.
We have Richards (Hickman 1743) settlement order and it gives some clues,says lived with his father in Frodesley where legally settled (dose this mean he was born there ?) until aged 10 then was hired by his uncle Richard Everall at Leebotwood,(we know Susanna had no siblings so this is possibly a connection on his fathers side ) also mentions living with a cousin Rowland Harley in Ditton Priors i have been working on this for years any suggestions where to go next ?
Hickman,Cleobury Mortimer,Shropshire/Staffordshire, Parkes,Dudley,Beddoes Lindridge,Cleobury Mortimer,
Asker,Snettisham,Norfolk,Newby Howe,Kensington,SuffolkLawrence,Greenwich,Bermondsey.Putman,Kensington,Hertfordshire.

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Hickman 1743 Frodesley
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 March 18 12:56 GMT (UK) »
Hello
I presume you have Richard's baptism in Frodesley 18.8.1743 illegitimate son  of Susan Hickman which does suggest that he was born there.
I think Richard Everall of Leebotswood married Sarah Botfield there 29.5.1732.
He remarried Catherine Thomas of Frodsley 28 May 1739 at Leebotswood.
His Will of 1779 does not mention any Hickmans only sons Richard and Peter and daughter Sarah Wrigley and their children.
I'm assuming he was born in Leebotswood and christened there 15.3.1690 s of William and Margaret.
Siblings  Rebecka 1681, William 1682,Margaret 1684,Margaret 1686,Samuel 1687, Richard 1690,Thomas 1695,Jane 1697.

Then as you know Susanna Hickman d of Alexander and Martha was born 1721 over in Frodesley.
Father Alexander born 1687 s of Richard and Mary.
They married by licence 17 Mar 1676 Richard Hickman and Mary Sankie.
Richard's Will of 1735 gives no clues.
So no obvious connections there ,but what could Martha's maiden name be?

Rowland Harley born 25 Mar 1707 Ditton Priors s of Rowland and Elizabeth
He married Joan Sherwood 5.9.1733 at Quatford.
It looks like mom was and Elizabeth Griffiths.(marriage Ludlow 2.7.1700)
Rowland senior may be son of Richard Harley and Margery Hawes of Morville.

That's where I get stuck I can't see any other records for the Langfords except what you have.
The only Langfords there were born in the 1680's.
It's a matter of trying to match them up with the other families and find more  on each.

Good luck with your researches.

Ciderdrinker

Offline joyce341

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Dad aged two in 1891
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Hickman 1743 Frodesley
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 March 18 12:47 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much for your help,will keep looking. :)
Hickman,Cleobury Mortimer,Shropshire/Staffordshire, Parkes,Dudley,Beddoes Lindridge,Cleobury Mortimer,
Asker,Snettisham,Norfolk,Newby Howe,Kensington,SuffolkLawrence,Greenwich,Bermondsey.Putman,Kensington,Hertfordshire.