Author Topic: Looking for Polish ancesters (Sharkey)  (Read 274 times)

Offline Alex Sharkey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Looking for Polish ancesters (Sharkey)
« on: Saturday 24 February 18 07:45 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for what might be my Polish ancesters.

My great-great-grandfather, Morris Sharkey possibly came to England in 1892 with a Betsey (wife) and Sarah Sharkey (daughter). I am assuming Sharkey is the english given name (I know it could be irish but I've not found any record of that so far) but on the records I've found on Ancestry his (and his daughters) assumed birth is from Warsaw, Mazowiekie Poland, Russian Sub.

The polish options on Ancestry are limited and I'm a bit rubbish searching them, bearing in mind that both Morris and Sharkey are probably translated names can anyone help me. I know they docked at Scotland and he often went over to the USA.

Thanks

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Polish ancesters (Sharkey)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 24 February 18 08:25 GMT (UK) »
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Jozef

• RootsChat Extra
  • Member of Lubus Genealogical Society
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Polish ancesters (Sharkey)
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 May 18 20:08 BST (UK) »
Do you know their Polish surname? Without this there is no chance to help you.
Genealogia, historyczne, sport, rock music