Author Topic: Wiltshire OPC  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Liz in France

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Wiltshire OPC
« on: Saturday 24 February 18 18:16 GMT (UK) »
Has something changed with Wiltshire OPC site?

I tried accessing it today and put in my user name and password and it came back as not recognising it, so I went to forgot password and user name and typed in my e-mail address as usual (hasn't changed in 18 years at least) and it came back as no such e-mail address on the site.  I have been a member for at least 3 years, so don't understand it.  I then thought I would re-register but there is nowhere to do so, I then found the contact us button and I thought 'great' so went to it and then found that I had to sign in to use that section of the site.  I have spent nearly an hour trying everything I can but can't get in.  Nice Welcome page though.

I can access the individual parishes but cannot understand why I can't log in.

Anyone got an explanation please

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Wiltshire OPC
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 24 February 18 22:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Liz,

I remember having an email from the Admin Mgr of the Wilts-opc some months ago although I'm unable to find it now or what it was about.
However, I am able to log-in OK and can only suggest you contact the Admin Mgr - (Teresa Lewis) and see if she can re-set your membership.
Fortunately most of the parish registers are now on Ancestry (if you have a sub)  but the OPC is still very useful having looked at the parish records just a few mins ago.

PS. If you go to the Home page - half way down to the right of the Welcome page showing a red-heart, there is the "Login to the site" button. I re-entered my details and all is ok (I never log-out)
Hope this helps.

Alan
Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline Liz in France

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 24 February 18 23:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alan,

Thanks for your help.  I had tried to log in as you suggested but this time I saw the sign up box and have signed up again, which has been accepted.  Weird that I could not get in on my old log in and like you I never signed out so it was always an automatic sign on.  I save my passwords so when I go onto a site it signs me in and I don't have to look up the passwords, so now that I have re signed up, my password keeper asked if I wanted to update the password which shows it was there in the first place.

It's nice to hear from you again as we had a lot of correspondence in the past on my Giles family in West Hannay.  Just checked and it was 2009/10,  how time flies.

Thanks again.
Elizabeth

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 25 February 18 00:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Liz,

Lovely to hear from you again - I thought I recognised the name but couldn't connect the names you were searching for. 2009/10 how time flies!

Did you ever complete your search in Hanney?  I still have the fiche and reader for West Hanney if you  should need more lookups.

Alan
Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline Liz in France

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 25 February 18 14:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alan,

I am now able to access the whole site for Wilts OPC but will try to find out what went wrong with my sign in by writing to Teresa Lewis.  I still could not find what I wanted though.

Thank you for your kind offer to help me again.  I had not been able to find the parents of John Giles (married to Ann Darling) born c1760 but haven't gone back to this part of the family for a long time.  Just checked and found it online, so I can get going again on the Giles family.  Thank you for pushing me to it again. There is so much more online now that one almost has to go back to the beginning.  I work on my tree almost every day and am still finding new records, I could do with an extra couple of days to each week to keep up with it all. :D

Elizabeth