Author Topic: Athol Cox and Eileen Merry  (Read 2033 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline halcyon.64

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Athol Cox and Eileen Merry
« Reply #28 on: Monday 26 February 18 01:18 GMT (UK) »
I will endeavour to do so in future. Thank you.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 26 February 18 01:28 GMT (UK) »
I am sorry that this is of concern to you Majm. I was unaware of the protocols surrounding the release of this information.
I am not sure that your assertion about obtaining files from the NAA is correct though. I have ordered files for people that I was unsure whether they were alive or deceased and always received the dossiers. Perhaps this is because an individual is paying for them to do something that they will get around to eventually anyway - namely digitising all of the WWII service records as they have for the WWI records.
I feel we are exceptionally fortunate in Australia to have access to these records for free. I know how difficult it has been for me to research servicemen and women from other countries.
I only do this to tell their stories alongside the items that formerly belonged to them in our museum.
I appreciate you telling me about this and I will endeavour not to name anyone who may be still living on this forum again.

Kind regards,
Kathryn.

All the WWII files I have ordered from naa have cost me money.  I have not ever had free ones.  Also when ordering one of the questions required me to confirm the person of interest was deceased....

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 26 February 18 01:33 GMT (UK) »
$75.90 !

see attached snip (today's search)

JM

Offline halcyon.64

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 26 February 18 01:44 GMT (UK) »
What I was meaning was that where the files have been digitised they are freely available. This accounts for all of the WWI files and many of the WWII files.
As you no doubt know, it used to be $29 to get a WWII file digitised and for that you got a hard copy in a cardboard file delivered to you. Now it is three times the price and no hard copy, but that's the way of the world.