Author Topic: Zion Burial  (Read 9543 times)

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Zion Burial
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 31 May 18 12:03 BST (UK) »
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 31 May 18 12:23 BST (UK) »
You can see the Burial Ground marked on this map https://www.old-maps.co.uk/index.html#/Map/419169/430141/12/100392 Apparently became  Holme Lane Congregational Church https://www.old-maps.co.uk/index.html#/Map/419169/430141/13/100951
Stan

As I posted

Thank you Stan

I missed your post with the map links (one I can't open), but can see the other showing the Chapel on Tong Street.

Hope you enjoy the newspaper quotes.

Mark

Offline Essnell

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 01 December 19 16:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello All,

This thread has been very interesting to me.   I have been looking for my Gt. Grandmother's burial in 1886, totally unsuccessfully, as on other posts. 

One question:  Are the records mentioned for  these Congregational Chapels easy to access from thousands of miles on the other side of the world. 

I need try to get to these records.   

Thanks for any guidance here and hope that the OP has some success here as well.
Regards
Essnell

Offline davidwgrobinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 05 March 20 17:39 GMT (UK) »
A late reply, but I've just been in conversation with Bradford Local History Library, and they say they have the monumental inscriptions for this church.

I presume that would act as a partial map, if your looking for family buried here.

Is anyone local enough to see if it's accessible, I saw the previous post, but miracles do sometimes happen

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 05 March 20 18:05 GMT (UK) »
Is anyone local enough to see if it's accessible, I saw the previous post, but miracles do sometimes happen

What thing are you referring to?
The MIs or the burial ground?

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline davidwgrobinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 05 March 20 18:20 GMT (UK) »

What thing are you referring to?
The MIs or the burial ground?

Pauline

To see if the burial ground is accessible. 

Offline Essnell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 05 March 20 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi davidwgrobinson and pauline,

I have looked over the site throughly on GoogleMaps, some time ago.

Now from the road it is not visible as there is a row of tall thick trees growing along the streetline behind a fence which needs a bit of care.  Down the lane beside this piece you can see in quite easily but it is quite overgrown. The fence there is not all that high. There appears to be no ready access.
You can see a few of the taller monuments. I used street view in google and the satelite images. 

If Bradford Local History have those inscriptions or a map of the burials that might for me prove interesting.  I shall try contacting them.  Unfortunately it has been neglected for how long ..? 

The local council might be able to provide access or give permission to access - worth asking.

I also saw something on a site where someone has taken photos.  Cannot remember where though.

Hope my bit helps someone.

Essnell

Offline davidwgrobinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 05 March 20 22:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi davidwgrobinson and pauline,

I have looked over the site throughly on GoogleMaps, some time ago.

Now from the road it is not visible as there is a row of tall thick trees growing along the streetline behind a fence which needs a bit of care.  Down the lane beside this piece you can see in quite easily but it is quite overgrown. The fence there is not all that high. There appears to be no ready access.
You can see a few of the taller monuments. I used street view in google and the satelite images. 

If Bradford Local History have those inscriptions or a map of the burials that might for me prove interesting.  I shall try contacting them.  Unfortunately it has been neglected for how long ..? 

The local council might be able to provide access or give permission to access - worth asking.

I also saw something on a site where someone has taken photos.  Cannot remember where though.

Hope my bit helps someone.

Essnell

It does help thanks,

I know someone who might no more about the photo's.  my thoughts are if some of the memorials are viewable, even through brambles, then it's easier to track them from inscriptions.

I will also contact the parish council / local council ('i'll have to look it up)

if anyone goes could they pm me and let me know the results, I'll post back here after I've been, but that will probably be easter holidays.

David

Offline Rattus

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 06 March 20 09:14 GMT (UK) »

Possibly the ones I linked to, much earlier in this thread:

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2482074

This place looks fascinating and I wonder how it has survived, who owns it, etc.
BARTRAM - Nottingham, Derby, originally Beds (Stagsden)
PERFETT - St Pancras & Marylebone, Rugby, Nottingham
RADFORD - Nottinghamshire, also back & forth to Bury
RUDD - Durham, Margate, Bermondsey, Newcastle, Nottingham