Author Topic: Emigration to Canada  (Read 5237 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Emigration to Canada
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 28 February 18 17:38 GMT (UK) »
  I can't see anything I've posted last night or earlier ,,so lm now looking for either of 4 sons not the parents ,John cooper (b) 1900 ,Samuel  (b) 1910.  Harry (b) 1907 , James 1910 ,all born Portwood Stockport ,,my thought  that the parents went along was not correct , eda

Who are the parents ?  Is it John James and Mary Cooper ?

Are these birth years correct ?  Was Samuel not born in 1902 ?

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline eda

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 28 February 18 18:03 GMT (UK) »
Yes sons of John James cooper and Mary cooper ,Samuel was aged9 on the 1911 census
heywood Lancashire  stubbs ,macclesfeild cheshire
winstanley ,  brown, gatley ,mitchel ( milligan/mulligan Blackburn Prescot prestwich Mayo and swineford area )dwyer, Harrison birkenhead and ireland

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 28 February 18 19:25 GMT (UK) »
No thanks for all the work that has been done so far and then follow up with another enquiry ??? 

How do you know that these 4 went to Canada ?

Have you got exact birth dates for this group of 4 ?

Have you checked UK BMD records -  There was a Harry born 28 February 1907 who passed away May 1994 - South Cheshire - Register Number   D3A - District and Subdistrict 3411D - Entry Number 87

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada