Author Topic: Charles Ervin Horner in Delaware  (Read 793 times)

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Ervin Horner in Delaware
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 27 February 18 20:32 GMT (UK) »
It appears Charles & his first wife Josephine got divorced in the summer of 1946. Various articles  appear between May 1946- mid- June 1946.

The News Journal
Wilmington, Delaware
Monday, May 06, 1946 - Page 15

188 Divorce
Cases Filed

_____

3 Superior Court Judges To Hear Applicatins In May Term Starting Today

The judges sitting In the May term of the Superior Court of New Castle County, which began sessions this morning, are facing a list of 188 divorce applications. Hearing the cases are Chief Jus tice Charles S. Richards and Judges Charles L. Terry, Jr., and George Burton Pearson, Jr. The list is being studied in court today to determine which cases are ready for trial, which are to be continued, and which will be contested....

....Margaret C. Stuart y. William L. Stuart: Charles E. Horner y. Josephine T. Horner: Ruby B. Tull y. Ellis Tull......

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 27 February 18 20:42 GMT (UK) »
Josephine got remarried to Edward Q. Powers. Josephine died in 2003. Her obit mentions the two daughters she had with Charles E., but not Charles

The News Journal
Wilmington, Delaware
Sunday, June 08, 2003 - Page 29

Just close the clipped article that someone else has saved and then you can pan over  to the obit for Josephine T. Powers.

Obit: http://www.rootschat.com/links/01lnt/

Offline punch

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 27 February 18 20:53 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much. Here I was looking for 1 wife and you found 3 and 2 children. All of it such great information and I am so grateful. In one hour you found so much information that I have been trying to find for days. You are the best!!!!