Author Topic: Searching for Tate family from Northumberland  (Read 1626 times)

Offline RSGrosse

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for Tate family from Northumberland
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 01 March 18 06:36 GMT (UK) »
I did some additional checking into my record and found the names of their children, but it don't include a Gmelin anywhere so the possibilities are:

1. They aren't the right 'parents'
2. Gmelin's baptism wasn't registered
3. Isabella wasn't Gmelin's mother

Since this family is not Jewish, I find it impossible to believe that Gmelin was not baptized or that his baptism wasn't registered. 

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 03 March 18 05:42 GMT (UK) »
The marriage in Holy Island:  31 May 1807 William Tait of the parish of Shillbottle and Isabel Wilson of this parish by banns  Wit:  Robert Tait,  William Brown and Thomas Wilson.

My guess why the records are in Shillbottle is because banns were also called there.  The LDS did not always say those were banns and recorded as marriages which just confuses all.

I don't know if this is your family or not but there is a baptism in Holy Island of Jane Tait 2nd daughter born 22 Sep 1811 baptised 27 Oct 1811 d/O William Tait, labourer native of Norham, by his wife Isabella Wilson, d/o Thomas Wilson, Fisherman of Holy Island.

Janis
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline RSGrosse

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 03 March 18 06:31 GMT (UK) »
Janis, the fact that Gmelin was not baptized in 1811 at the same time as Jane leads me to believe that this is NOT the same family.