Author Topic: Walker sisters  (Read 633 times)

Offline jendoyle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Walker sisters
« on: Wednesday 28 February 18 10:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,

I am currently researching the family of my great grandfather Henry John Walker. He died in WW1 but he came from quite a large family and I am having trouble finding information about some of his younger sisters (my great aunts). Their parents were Henry and Harriet Walker (nee Iles) and as far as I can tell, all their births were registered in Faringdon.

Florence Elizabeth Walker born 1895. She married Albert E.Baxter in 1924, but I can't seem to find records of any children resulting from that marriage... She may have died in 1954.

Violet May Walker born 1904. I believe she had a daughter, Cicely May Walker in 1920- no father listed- who may have died only aged 3 years in 1923.

Winifred Ann Walker born 1906- I did find a possible marriage to Cyril Wiles but am not 100% certain about that..

Eveline Mary Walker born 1911- a bit of as mystery so far..

If anyone has come across any of my great aunts in their own research I'd love to hear from you!

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Walker sisters
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 February 18 10:18 GMT (UK) »
Have you looked for any of them on the 1939 register  :-\
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 February 18 10:21 GMT (UK) »
Free search for Florence & Arthur brings up possibility in Faringdon area
Florence E 1886
Albert E 1888
plus one other and 3 'blacked out'
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jendoyle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 28 February 18 10:26 GMT (UK) »
Have you looked for any of them on the 1939 register  :-\

Rosie99, Thanks for your reply!
Never thought of that- I get so caught up in details sometimes I forget to look at the bigger picture  ::)