Author Topic: Charles Hanson Family Tree  (Read 3141 times)

Offline MattJames

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Hanson Family Tree
« Reply #18 on: Friday 02 March 18 08:05 GMT (UK) »
Adding to my post re Norah Valentine DONNELLY/PICKING

I see a Norah Valentine BURTON on electoral rolls in Rockhampton but when I look harder they go up to 1980 and Norah Valentine DONNELLY/PICKING died in 1965.   :-[  Sorry!

Judith

Offline MattJames

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 02 March 18 08:17 GMT (UK) »
On Lillian Mary Hanson’s marriage certificate in 1926 her age is 21 years old . On her death certificate in 1977 her age is listed at 72 years old . Her birthday was always celebrated on the 12th December . 1905 seems to be the correct year . My father born in 1927 was 50 when his mother passed away .

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 03 March 18 12:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I took a look in the Swedish Church Books and found Charles and August. Their parents' names were Hans Jacob Erlandsson and Anna Sofia Larsdotter.

Gustaf Hansson (Charles Hanson) - Birth - 19 Nov 1858 - Skredsvik Parish:
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01lon/

August Lambert Hansson - Birth - 21 Jan 1865 - Herrestads Parish:
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01lop/ - recorded in May

Gustaf and August in 1880 Examination Book:
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01loo/

They are recorded as being in Australia in 1887. It looks as though Gustaf changed his name, probably because he jumped ship.

Ian

Offline MattJames

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 03 March 18 22:31 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Ian for your information on the Hanson Brothers . Would you believe I actually found the house in Brisbane that Lambert Hanson lived worth his wife Blanche . He died in 1936 . Lambert is the eldest son of Charles Hanson . It appears Charles Hanson is my Great Grandfather  .  Matt James

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 04 March 18 09:38 GMT (UK) »
You're welcome Matt.
If you want help in Sweden I can do that for you. You should be able to go back a couple more generations if the books allow it that is.

Ian

Offline MattJames

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 04 March 18 10:53 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks to everyone who helped me in researching the Hanson Family Tree & also information about my Grandmother Lillian Mary McCoy , formally Hanson . It has been very helpful & interesting . Cheers Matt James

Offline MattJames

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 04 March 18 10:57 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou Judith nor the information about Mary Donnelly it has been very useful...     Matt James

Offline MattJames

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 04 February 19 04:47 GMT (UK) »
G’day helpers , I’m just posting an update on my request  for information on the Hanson Family . I along with 2 cousins have done DNA tests & we have found we have NO dna match to another member of the HANSON family who is a direct descendant of Charles & Annie HANSON née FORD . That rules Lilian Mary Elizabeth b. 1905 being a biological daughter of both Charles & Annie or any of their elder children .
We also have had NO match with the names DONNELLY  PICKING etc which rules out Mary Elizabeth DONNELLY b. 1905 daughter of Norah Valentine DONNELLY .
We ALL have close dna matches with the GREENTREE CALLOW CAVANOUGH COWAN COHEN GOSPER HOLMES LANE TURNBULL MARSDEN families from the Tamworth & Windsor area of NSW . While we are waiting on a closer match we do have two 3rd cousins & over eighty 4-6th cousins linking to this family which is a pretty positive result . With the help of the dna we are putting together a family tree & have been helped by other dna matches we have contacted from this GREENTREE line .
Maybe one day someone reading this will be able to link Lilian Mary Elizabeth to the GREENTREE family , we hope so . Thanks for all your help along the way , Matt 

Offline shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 04 February 19 07:00 GMT (UK) »
This is so fascinating.  You mentioned a Byrne name over the fence.....is this still a possibility? Or does it rely on there being a Hanson link back? 

So may have been an informal adoption.  Perhaps through a church connection or friend of a friend. 

Keep ahold of the story from your father as often these family stories have some truth in them but have just got a bit mixed up as they have gone down the generations, 

I wonder who lived as a neighnour on the other side?  ;)

Do any of the names that you are DNA matched to have locations that ar the same as the ones you know of.