Author Topic: present day bmd records  (Read 1054 times)

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: present day bmd records
« Reply #9 on: Friday 02 March 18 10:24 GMT (UK) »
I have sent you a few more messages have you got them ?

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 02 March 18 10:34 GMT (UK) »
Yes  :)
I am now searching for marriage notice for daughter and death notice for father.   

Sorry I'm a bit slow ...

Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 02 March 18 11:04 GMT (UK) »
Sorry I haven't found anything useful and I'm tiring fast.

I'm sure there will be others along to offer to help you search. 

Just to help the others ... I thought I had found the immigration record for the family under the surname of WOOD (rather than WOODS) and oldhippyone had used both versions in a pm to me.   The christian names of father, mother and daughter matched as well as the maiden name for mother.   But the immigration was in 1966 and oldhippyone is certain that surname is WOODS and immigration was in mid-70's.

Ros

adding : I have checked all the NSW deaths on ryerson for father which are in newspapers to which I have access (Sydney Morning Herald and recent Daily Telegraphs)
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 02 March 18 11:18 GMT (UK) »
the name was definatly woods and they did not emigrate until mid 1970s not 1966 as they were still in Swansea I know they were because she was my friend

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 03 March 18 03:10 GMT (UK) »
I don't know the forenames of the people you seek.  Electoral rolls can be accessed online up to 1980 and there is no-one with the surname WOODS or WOOD listed at Bennalong St, Merrylands, in 1977 nor in 1980.

Another place to try would be the Ryerson Index.  This index collects death (not births or marriages) notices from a selection of newspapers. It's run by volunteers and doesn't include all newspapers but it might be worth a look.
https://www.ryersonindex.org/

The White Pages phone directory may be useful also
https://www.whitepages.com.au/residential

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 03 March 18 04:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Depending on when in the 1970s they arrived, it is possible they did not enrol to vote,  there is a 'cut off ' date of arrival for UK citizens migrating to Australia to remain on Australian electoral rolls without seeking Australian citizenship. 

I think our OP may be striving to find living people.  There are many ways to go about that (on and offline), but RChat is about helping each other with our deceased ancestors.  Judith has given you two excellent suggestions for your considerations.

WOOD and WOODS are both popular surnames in New South Wales and like all other people alive in NSW they are entitled to privacy of the individual (including our names). 

Good Luck with your quest to find your friend who came to NSW in the 1970s.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 03 March 18 05:37 GMT (UK) »
the thing is I don't know what state they were in they emigrated from Swansea in the 70s to Sydney then because of the flood etc moved I'm trying to find the marriage of Removed woods birth 1961

You mention a flood caused them to move from Sydney  ...  err ... Suburban Sydney even in the 1970s covered a huge area and several rivers.  I dont recall any major floods in the 1970s when I lived in Sydney.

It would be unlikely for someone born 1961 to have married any earlier than 1977 (ie aged 16).  If after that flood they remained in NSW and there was a marriage,  it would be registered with the NSW BDM.  Because the general public are restricted from accessing non historic NSWBDM registrations the online indexes do not display marriage registrations for less than 50 years ago.

JM.
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.