Author Topic: Electoral roll updating, 1930s London  (Read 377 times)

Offline RoserAncestors

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Electoral roll updating, 1930s London
« on: Saturday 03 March 18 06:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am just wondering what the process for updating the electoral roll in London in the early 1930s was? I am looking at ordering a death registration for someone in the 1st quarter of 1933 but I see the same person on the London electoral roll of 1934 on Ancestry (for the last time that I see definitely). Is it possible I still have the right death registration to order even though the person was still on the roll until the next year?

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Electoral roll updating, 1930s London
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 March 18 07:13 GMT (UK) »
If you go back to the first page of that register it should show the dates that it covers.  It would normally have been canvassed within the previous 6 months.    There is always the possibility however that the persons name has been left on the register from the previous canvas.  I know that an authority I worked for recently did not remove names if forms were not returned.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline stevemiller

• RootsChat Member
  • James Aaron Grigg 1875-1916
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 March 18 08:16 GMT (UK) »
Berks - Appleton Barlow Bartholomew Carter/Cook Corderoy Coxhead Froud Fryzer Griffin Head Noke Richmond Salter Sawyer Shrimpton Sidwell Stratton Wernham
South Bucks - Miller Mitchell Horton
Cornwall - John Henry Grigg born c 1839 where?
Hants - Hine/Hind
South Oxon - Barlow Fryzer Simmonds Toby
Suffolk - Philpott Stone
Surrey Edwards Knight Lanaway

GEDmatch kit : A134159

Offline RoserAncestors

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 06 March 18 09:20 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Rosie & Steve, much appreciated!