Author Topic: USA bith cert  (Read 1342 times)

Offline jake01

• RootsChat Senior
  • Can we help you ?
    • View Profile
Re: USA bith cert
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 15 August 18 19:32 BST (UK) »
JMP.  I thank you for your reply. Yes Margaret Ann was related to my wife Margaret Pete Green. We have been trying to find info on Cora for a number of years now with out much success. We know Cora used to write to dolly (Dorothy) Jess on Nee Green. Any info on the family would be very helpful with searching. I can give you my tribalpage web site address for the Green family. Please  send me private message.  Thank you Jake01.
Orrell,Higginson,Young,Leigh,Green,Peet,Lloyd,Mills... Lancashire.
Mills...Nottinghamshire.  
Nelles, Mills,Walker,Johnson...Canada.
Pepin. USA.
Peet. Lloyd. Canada.
Peet. Australia

Offline JMPWorcester

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 15 August 18 21:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Jake,

It appears I can't send you a private message until I have at least 3 posts on the site.  This would be number 2.   Almost there.  :)

Yesterday, August 14th was my Grandfather's birthday (Edward J Dowling).  I was thinking about him and tried searching his name on the internet to no avail.  On a whim, I tried his wife's name (my Grandmother, Cora M Dowling) and I was brought to your post.  Funny how that worked out.

Cora used to tell me about writing to her relatives in England and I remember the name Dolly.  I may even be able to find some of her letters, as I have a box of my Grandmother's things.

While I work on the third post, let me know what you'd like to know about Cora.  I'd love to know more about her mother Margaret, who is my mother's namesake. 

Offline jake01

• RootsChat Senior
  • Can we help you ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 17 August 18 15:20 BST (UK) »
JMP.  Thank you for the reply. Yes it is funny sometime how technology works pointing you in my direction. Yes once I can give you the Green family tree website you will find much info from this side of the Atlantic. The one thing that has been baffling me is how Margaret Ann actually got to the US of A. Any info of Cora would be useful. I do actually have a photograph of Cora although not a very good one. Jake01.
Orrell,Higginson,Young,Leigh,Green,Peet,Lloyd,Mills... Lancashire.
Mills...Nottinghamshire.  
Nelles, Mills,Walker,Johnson...Canada.
Pepin. USA.
Peet. Lloyd. Canada.
Peet. Australia