Author Topic: RAF Sgt Raymond Archibold Grace  (Read 774 times)

Offline The Evacuee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
RAF Sgt Raymond Archibold Grace
« on: Saturday 03 March 18 14:53 GMT (UK) »
I have information in the guise of a photograph at 19 and mounted medal ribbons of Sgt Air Gunner Raymond Archibold Grace who died when his Lancaster was shot down over Eindhoven Holland after a bombing run over Germany.  He was 23 years old at death and he was born in Leicester. He was a member of 619 Sqn Woodhall Spa and a Mid Upper Gunner on a Lancaster.
His mothers name was Ada Emily Grace and his father is named as A B Grace.
I also have a photo of his grave in Eindhoven Holland cemetery which I have visited in the past as secretary of the RAF Eindhoven Association.
I gave these items to my son back in 1998 and he is willing to pass on these items to a member of the family if they would like them.
We would like proof of relationship before we part with these items and I am quite conversant with the 'ins and outs' of the ancestry methods and will not pass these items on to anyone not connected to RAF Sgt. Raymond Archibold Grace. RIP.

Offline JJen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: RAF Sgt Raymond Archibold Grace
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 March 18 15:38 GMT (UK) »

His mothers name was Ada Emily Grace and his father is named as A B Grace.

What a wonderful thing to do, I wish you luck  :)

Father's name was Walter Archibald Bradley Grace

JJ

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: RAF Sgt Raymond Archibold Grace
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 25 March 18 11:25 BST (UK) »
Good Morning,

Sgt R.A.Grace was a Midupper gunner on F/Sgt T.P.Murphy crew on Lancaster ED979, of 619 Sqdn and shotdown 28/29 June 1943 over Aalst/Holland. This crash is in research by me and a friend(who is in touch with the relatives of Sgt R.A.Grace). If you would like to know more please send me a PM.

Best Wishes,
Adrian
Bomber Command research during WW2 in the South Eastern part of The Netherlands. Especially aircraft crash research and locating their crews.