Author Topic: looking for hughes  (Read 745 times)

Offline whdsn

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
looking for hughes
« on: Saturday 03 March 18 15:25 GMT (UK) »
My 2nd great grandparents Thomas H Hughes and his wife Elizabeth are on the 1911 census sub district Llangafelach Swansea both born 1840 to 1845 cornwall. If they both died in that area how would I go about looking for them is there anyone I can contact in swansea

Offline JohnG_Swansea

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: looking for hughes
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 15 March 18 09:11 GMT (UK) »
My 2nd great grandparents Thomas H Hughes and his wife Elizabeth are on the 1911 census sub district Llangafelach Swansea both born 1840 to 1845 cornwall. If they both died in that area how would I go about looking for them is there anyone I can contact in swansea

Llangyfelach is today a suburb of the city of Swansea and is within the Registration District of Swansea whose contact details can be found at:
https://www.swansea.gov.uk/contactregistrars

It might be helpful to have details of both deaths available if/ when you contact them.  www.freeBMD.org.uk might help with this.

There are seven Municipal Burial Grounds here in Swansea and details of their Locations & Layouts can be found at:
https://www.swansea.gov.uk/burialsandcremations

Details of requesting searches of municipal burial & cremation records can be found at: https://www.swansea.gov.uk/municipalcemeterycrematoriumsearch

If you have row & plot number details of burials in the Morriston Cemetery I can provide photo's of the plot(s) relatively speedily, however, photographic visits to other Municipal Burial Grounds in the North and East of the county may not be so speedy.

In so far as Church & Chapel burial grounds are concerned, West Glamorgan County Archive Service have been gifted the records of SOME of the closed churches & chapels.  For other church & chapel burials you will need to make direct contact with the church or chapel concerned.

I trust the above information will assist you.

JohnG_Swansea
Your National Flag/ Ensign can be added to the left-hand side of every post by using your Profile Settings
Base Project: Benjamin D. POPE, (Railway Constructor, Natal) b: 1853 Stretham, Ely, d: 1928 Bath, Som't
Current Project(2018): Cox, Somerset >>> Osborn, Natal >>> Broughton, Canada >>> three Daughters, Natal. Resolved in the Canada Forum another success for Rootschat.

Offline whdsn

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: looking for hughes
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 15 March 18 19:12 GMT (UK) »
Thanks John
                   This is a tricky one all I know that my 2nd great grandparents were in  Llangafelach 1911 after that not sure where they went, giving their ages you would think they would settle down