Author Topic: Whyte Family of Fraserburgh  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Quin3

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Whyte Family of Fraserburgh
« on: Sunday 04 March 18 14:50 GMT (UK) »
Looking for William Whyte born 1844 and his father born 1804 in Fraserburgh!

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Whyte Family of Fraserburgh
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 March 18 15:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Quin

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

What in particular are you looking for? The more details you add with what you need help with and what you have so far will let people know best how to add to your post and research.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Quin3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 04 March 18 16:17 GMT (UK) »
Ah ok sorry new to this. I have a John Whyte born 1781 Aberdeenshire married to Isabel Callum born 1780 who both appear as parents to my great great great grandad and also to my great great great grannie meaning John and Isabel appear to have had two children who both became my relations on two different sides of the family - sorry doesn’t make easy reading but I presume first cousin married first cousin to produce my great grandad - I think! Anyone connected to this John and Isabel would be amazing to hear from them. Thank you.

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 04 March 18 17:06 GMT (UK) »
They had at least 5 children, all boys and all born in Tyrie. 

William 1804
John 1807
George 1812
Alexander 1813
James 1816

Don
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline Quin3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 04 March 18 19:05 GMT (UK) »
Thank you - I have a daughter Rachel Whyte born in 1818 - not sure from where but it all seems to fit. Rachel’s daughter Mary went on to marry William 1’s (born 1804) son William 2(born 1844) (first cousins)and had my great grandad William (3) born in 1864. I think the above is accurate - I was also looking for any of my grandfather’s family who emigrated but I don’t know where to - that is my quest!

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 04 March 18 19:42 GMT (UK) »
There is a family tree on ancestry showing this family. It appears the Whyte family are in the parish of Tyrie.
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 04 March 18 19:52 GMT (UK) »
OIC...well best of luck on your quest.

Btw...fist cousin marriages are fairly common especially for those in rural locations.

The dates are baptisms from Scotland's People https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk who hold the original records. I was lazy and didn't include the day/month.  I see no Rachel but then perhaps she wasn't baptised or the record is lost.

Don

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 05 March 18 10:41 GMT (UK) »
Don, is your reply about first cousins meant for Quin3? Is the OIC a comment on my post about the online tree? :)
Regards,
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 05 March 18 17:21 GMT (UK) »
No...it means Oh, I see

Don