Author Topic: I am trying to trace information about my fathers adoption from clements nursing  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Neil John Redpath

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Am trying to find information for my dad who was adopted from clements nursing home lochee in 1941 his birth name was (*) have tried other sites but only find things with my granny and grandads name who adopted him he is trying to find out if he had any other brothers or sisters his adoptive name is (*) and he is 77 this year 

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc.

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Welcome to RootsChat Neil
Firstly, you will be asked to remove your dad's name to protect his privacy.
Secondly, you don't say what part of the world you are searching in.
Thirdly, you need to ask a moderator to move this to a more suitable forum; you've put it in one which says 'please do not post requests here' and you'll need to tell the moderator the answer to my second point, i.e. where is Lochee, or else to put it in The Common Room.

To request to moderator, just click on the  that line at the bottom that says Report to Moderator

Good luck
Dawn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Welcome to RootsChat! ;D

Presumably, this is Lochee, Dundee, Scotland?

There is some info here re adoption records:
https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/research/guides/adoption-records

There will bve nothing available online! ::)
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Wendy2305

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Hi and welcome to Rootschat Iam guessing your dad was born in Dundee Scotland if this is right then the only place you're find anything is Scotland's People website

I had a quick look and couldn't find any birth registered under his birth name for 1941

I did find something but I won't name them as they could still be living

If you make 2 more posts that will open up the PM option

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
If your father was formally adopted in Scotland then he can request access to his adoption records and to his original birth certificate. He can, however, authorise you, in writing, to do so on his behalf. See

https://www.mygov.scot/adoption-information/

Without his written authorisation you will not be able to find out anything, and certainly not online.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.