Author Topic: Family tree  (Read 2633 times)

Offline Jade Hadaway

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Family tree
« on: Monday 05 March 18 03:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi I'm looking into my family tree and trying to find info on William smith from derby think he was a dentist practitioner not sure of age dob ect maybe had 2 sons if any body could help at all with anymore info

Offline Jackiemh

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Family tree
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 March 18 03:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello
It would help if you could give more information as you haven't given us much to go on.
Some dates would help.
Jackie
Bateman, Baylis, Bellotti, Boag, Bower (Stillgebauer), Cattermole, Chester, Dullage, Felix, French, Fursse, Garrett, Gilbert, Harding, Haynes, Hazelwood, Plume, Putland, Rudge, Strickson, Vine, Warren, Whitehead, Whitehorn, Wiltshire, Youthed and many more

Offline Girl Guide

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 March 18 07:09 GMT (UK) »
The 1939 Register comes up with three who are dentists.  Whether any of them are the one you are looking for........ ???
Ashford: Somerset, London
England: Devon, London, New Zealand
Holdway: Wiltshire
Hooper: Bristol, Somerset
Knowling: Devon, London
Southcott: Devon, China
Strong: Wiltshire
Watson: Cambridgeshire
White: Bristol
Windo - Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 05 March 18 07:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi I'm looking into my family tree and trying to find info on William smith from derby think he was a dentist practitioner not sure of age dob ect maybe had 2 sons if any body could help at all with anymore info

Any particular Millennium??
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Jade Hadaway

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 05 March 18 21:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi i no I've not to much to go on its a bit of a tricky one it's my grandnas birth father that's the only details we have he was an older man who we gather was married at the time he was promising my great grandma everything and had got my nanna pregnant she was totally in love with him at the time obv back in this day it was not spoken of. When he found out my nanna was having his baby he was not interested and dudnt see her again. Her father forbid it she married and my great grandad adopted my grandma and brought her up so not much to go on myself my nanna was nora foxcroft she married John laverick layfield grandma being born originally as Anne Margaret layfield known as Margaret layfield she married my grandad Keith hadaway tia

Offline Jade Hadaway

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 05 March 18 21:06 GMT (UK) »
Also 1939 cud maybe be around that sort of time my grandma was born u think I'm 1944 28th April thanks aporeciate any insite

Offline Girl Guide

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 05 March 18 21:29 GMT (UK) »
I'm getting a tad muddled here.  You have four names:-

Nora Foxcroft, John Laverick Layfield, Anne Margaret Layfield and Keith Hadaway.

When were the above people born and are any of them still alive?  If still alive you should remove their names as Rootschat has a no living persons policy.  This is to prevent anyone being spammed etc.

What was their relationship to each other?
Ashford: Somerset, London
England: Devon, London, New Zealand
Holdway: Wiltshire
Hooper: Bristol, Somerset
Knowling: Devon, London
Southcott: Devon, China
Strong: Wiltshire
Watson: Cambridgeshire
White: Bristol
Windo - Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire

Offline Jackiemh

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 05 March 18 21:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello
Is this the marriage you are referring to:
Nora Foxcroft  and John L Layfield in 1955, Staincliffe, Yorkshire (taken from familysearch)?
Jackie
Bateman, Baylis, Bellotti, Boag, Bower (Stillgebauer), Cattermole, Chester, Dullage, Felix, French, Fursse, Garrett, Gilbert, Harding, Haynes, Hazelwood, Plume, Putland, Rudge, Strickson, Vine, Warren, Whitehead, Whitehorn, Wiltshire, Youthed and many more

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley