Author Topic: Family tree  (Read 2628 times)

Offline Jade Hadaway

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Family tree
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 06 March 18 14:52 GMT (UK) »
Sorry slightly confusing I didn't realise of the policy my nanna great grandma was nora has passed and was married to John laverick layfield also passed he adopted my grandma Anne Margaret or Margaret she's known as to us as hos own. it's her actual birth father were trying to find some info on who s name is William smith my nanna didn't speak of him or what happened really so we've not alot info about him apart from name area derby and think he had two sons and was dentist practitioner.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 06 March 18 16:19 GMT (UK) »
... but you must have some idea of the dates involved?
When / where was the child you speak of born?
Approximately how much older was the mystery dentist?
Approximately where did the mother of the child live at the time?

Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Gan Yam

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Going Home - exploring my past
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 06 March 18 17:12 GMT (UK) »
... but you must have some idea of the dates involved?
When / where was the child you speak of born?
Approximately how much older was the mystery dentist?
Approximately where did the mother of the child live at the time?

Also 1939 cud maybe be around that sort of time my grandma was born u think I'm 1944 28th April thanks aporeciate any insite

It's looks like child (gran) was born in Skipton and registered under mothers maiden name. (Free BMD relevant quarter) If the dentist was from Derby, was gt gran living away from home, but came back to Yorkshire for the birth? Or is it possible that Yorkshire is where the dentist worked, but may have been from Derby originally?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Cwellan CoDown

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 06 March 18 18:01 GMT (UK) »
I am going to summarise here what I think you are looking for

Your great grandmother - Nora Foxcroft had a relationship with a married man in 1943 - William Smith, who was a dentist from Derby.

William had 2 sons to his wife

Nora, then got pregnant with your grandmother - Anne Margaret - who was born in  Q2 1944. (And registered as Margaret Ann Foxcroft.

She never seen of heard from William after she discovered she was pregnant.

Nora Foxcroft later married John Laverick Layfield (in 1955 going by previous posts).

Nora was born in 1920 and you think William was older, so therefore born before 1920.

You are looking for William Smith
McClean, Kelly, Murray, Higgins, McAnulty (McNulty, Conalty, Kinolty), Morgan, Rafferty, McPolin (All Co Down, Ireland) Bowman, Hooper(Yorkshire)

Online larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 07 March 18 14:48 GMT (UK) »
"Re: 1861/71 Census Look-Up, Please - Laverick - Hetton-le-Hole/Shotton?
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 20 December 17 01:52 GMT (UK) »
I'm not connected to this family in anyway, Jade Hadaway, but reading this thread I see from your posts that you are having trouble finding your nanna Nora Layfield, nee Foxcroft.

Nora appears to have been 11/12 years older than husband John Laverick Layfield (married 1955).   

Nora Foxcroft's birth was registered in Dec.qtr.1920 Skipton - mothers maiden name Crabtree.

Nora Layfield bc.1921 died 28/10/2007 Barnoldswick - this ties in with the birth entry.

However, you might want to get Nora and John's marriage certificate to confirm the name of her father as there were 2 couples named Foxcroft/Crabtree marrying in Skipton just 3 years apart!   

Harry Armistead Foxcroft married a Polly Crabtree 1916 - there is 1 public tree on Ancestry which shows Nora was their child

however

Irving Foxcroft married a Sarah Crabtree 1919 - there are 3 trees on Ancestry which show that Nora was their child!!   I would lean towards this being correct as they have a full birthdate for Nora and show that she'd married and had a daughter (although no details of them given).  Nora's birthdate 19/11/1920 and trees confirm she died 2007.

Hope this helps you.

Annette"

From the link I gave above.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 07 March 18 19:58 GMT (UK) »
Have found 2 Williams who were dental mechanics - one was a William b.4/7/1911 living in Skipton (where the child was born), the other a William E. born 30/10/1910 living in Repton, Derbyshire.

However, both men were still single at the start of WW2.

Annette   
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jade Hadaway

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 08 March 18 03:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi yes that's correct nora and Irvine and Sarah was her parents the summary is correct also date of birth and death for Nora are correct also I think my nanna may of been working in the army on switch boards at the time of meeting William smith but not sure we're and was how she first met him and met up with him also after this weva he came down to Yorkshire after maybe I'm not sure but all this sounds correct Margaret birth was 28th April 1944 nanna Nora was 19th nov thank u