Author Topic: Morrison family Kirkudbrightshire/Dumfriesshire  (Read 4751 times)

Offline Mojo47

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Morrison family Kirkudbrightshire/Dumfriesshire
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 08 March 18 00:37 GMT (UK) »
Thank you William!!
You have really helped so much on this.Thanks for all other input also.

From Mary and John's death certificates, they clearly have the same parents. The witness for mary is her son Williams wife, which also links Martha, Mary and William together from the census. Also from the census and baptism of John and death of Martha we have the name variations Stranach, Strachen, Stratan.
The Strandford surname of William does seem a bit of a stretch but with the above variations I think it couldn't be ruled out. It would be good to find a baptism for Mary and see what that says, but no luck yet.
From martha's death we have her fathers name Alexander, a name which appears through my ancestors line(at least two more)
I found James Morrisons(Blacksmith) death on SP but it does not give parents or wife and he appears to have died in the workhouse.
From Martha's Irish birth, married to James and a close surname, I think it is fairly safe to assume James from the RC baptism of 1809 is John and Mary's brother.
A bit more research should complete this line (in Scotland) and then I can start searching for my Wallace, Robertson's, Reid's and Abel's

I can't thank you enough for the great help!