Author Topic: FTDNA.com - Do they update my matches?  (Read 1125 times)

Offline diplodicus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Remember, no great adventure started with salad.
    • View Profile
FTDNA.com - Do they update my matches?
« on: Wednesday 07 March 18 00:53 GMT (UK) »
Greetings,

Last year I "free transferred" my ancestry.com results to FTDNA.com and it all worked as it should. However, I have finally got around to making use of this amazing site so I wanted to update my matches that I had first downloaded into an Excel file in September 2017. It seems that there are no new matches which leads me to conclude that once they have run my results through their software grinder, that's it! Is this correct?

If not, then how do I update my matches to compare all the test results added in the past seven months?

Many thanks,
Malcolm
Thomas, Davies, Jones, Walters, Daniel in Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion. That should narrow it down a bit!
Vincent: Fressingfield, Suffolk, Stockton & Sunderland.
Murtha/Murtaugh: Dundalk & Sunderland
Ingram: Cairnie by Huntly, Scotland then Abergavenny, Monmouthshire.
Bardouleau: London - in memory of my stepmother Annie Rose née Bardouleau who put up with a lot from me.
gedmatch.com A006809
Kit uploaded to familytreedna.com B171041
Y-DNA R-M269 & mtDNA U5b1f

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: FTDNA.com - Do they update my matches?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 March 18 05:49 GMT (UK) »
Malcolm

Mine have been added to very slowly since uploading my data. If you click on 'Match date', it gives you the date when the match was made. In my case original matches are all dated 6 Sep 2017, I have had one as recently as 3 Mar 2018.

If you really haven't had any further matches, then either nobody else is a match with you, or there is an error somewhere on ftDNA part.

Check dates first, if definitely no updates at all, perhaps get in touch with them.

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline Kimbrey

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 March 18 09:38 GMT (UK) »
if you are referring to new matches at FTDNA you can keep track of them by using the box on the top left of page-scroll down  and select "New Since"-then open the smaller box to the right and select the date you want

Apologies if you already know this :)

Kim

Offline diplodicus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Remember, no great adventure started with salad.
    • View Profile
Re: FTDNA.com - Do they update my matches? COMPLETED.
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 March 18 10:29 GMT (UK) »
Kimberly, thank you and no apology is needed as I didn't know that. Having followed your suggestion I can see that there are new matches being added all the time.

Thanks too sugarfizzle.

Malcolm
Thomas, Davies, Jones, Walters, Daniel in Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion. That should narrow it down a bit!
Vincent: Fressingfield, Suffolk, Stockton & Sunderland.
Murtha/Murtaugh: Dundalk & Sunderland
Ingram: Cairnie by Huntly, Scotland then Abergavenny, Monmouthshire.
Bardouleau: London - in memory of my stepmother Annie Rose née Bardouleau who put up with a lot from me.
gedmatch.com A006809
Kit uploaded to familytreedna.com B171041
Y-DNA R-M269 & mtDNA U5b1f

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 07 March 18 10:56 GMT (UK) »
Kim, Thanks also for that. Don't think I've taken any notice of that box before!
Malcolm, Glad you found some extra matches.

I provided this link in another thread - quite interesting reading and does make reference to that box top left.

http://www.genie1.com.au/blog/82-upgrade-family-finder-transfer

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline Spike H

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 07 March 18 21:10 GMT (UK) »
Also, the Match Date column can be sorted to show all matches in date order by clicking on the header.
UK: Lee, Swift
CON: Davey, Harding, Hocking, Rule, Whinnen
AUST: McIntosh

Offline GailB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 10 March 18 11:50 GMT (UK) »
I've had my results for less than a week. I originally had 272 matches but now have 274 on Family Tree DNA
Armitage, Atherton, Barton, Beck, Bradshaw, Brumfitt, Chetwin, Conalty, Connolly, Connor(s), Davidson, Hilton, Hoey, Johnson, Jones, Knight, Lester, McDonald, Molyneux, Morris, Pownall, Rushton, Spark, Stanley, Tunstall, Welsby, West, Wharton, Williams, Wilson, Windridge, Windstandley