Author Topic: Auld Aisle Cemetery Kirkintilloch  (Read 2661 times)

Offline Chris5856

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Auld Aisle Cemetery Kirkintilloch
« on: Wednesday 07 March 18 20:01 GMT (UK) »
This is the principle cemetery in Kirkintilloch.

I have photographed and transcribed the headstones at the old part of the cemetery. So far I have the details of 6342 people ranging from 1830's to the present day. I have only completed about one fifth of the cemetery. I hope to complete it before the year is out.

My database is not available online, but I'm happy to do lookups and supply photographs when required. There is no cost for this. I also run a Facebook page on the cemetery.

https://www.facebook.com/Old-Aisle-Cemetery-Kirkintilloch-1623066091278391/timeline/

Chris
McKay - Belfast / Coatbridge & Airdrie
Quinn - Letterkenny /Coatbridge & Airdrie
Delaney - Airdrie
Shannon - Belfast / Coatbridge & Airdrie
Johnston - Airdrie & Coatbridge
O'Brien - Dublin / Liverpool
Dunn - Liverpool

Offline Jean123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Auld Aisle Cemetery Kirkintilloch
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 February 20 15:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chris,
 I would like your advice. In May I am coming from London to put a plaque on a lair in The Auld Isle Cemetery for my family. Do you know how I can find someone local to install this plaque for me, obviously paid. The plaque is small, 6.5kgs, and I need it cemented in properly so it doesn't get blown away, etc. I would appreciate any local knowledge you may have in finding someone with maybe an interest in the Cemetery who would do this task with care.
Kind regards, Jean.

Offline jasiain

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 February 20 21:02 GMT (UK) »
Try contacting Charles Lipton 0141 762 3733, he is based in bishopbriggs, just outside of kirkintilloch.
He does headstones and I'm sure if he can't do it then he would be able to tell you who could.
Got quite a few rellies buried in the auld aisle.

Offline Jean123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 11 February 20 08:38 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much for that prompt reply. It is much appreciated, especially as I am trying to organise all this from London. I hope your contact is able to help me.

Offline Chris5856

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 08 April 20 21:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris,
 I would like your advice. In May I am coming from London to put a plaque on a lair in The Auld Isle Cemetery for my family. Do you know how I can find someone local to install this plaque for me, obviously paid. The plaque is small, 6.5kgs, and I need it cemented in properly so it doesn't get blown away, etc. I would appreciate any local knowledge you may have in finding someone with maybe an interest in the Cemetery who would do this task with care.
Kind regards, Jean.

Hi Jean,

Sorry for the delay as Ive been unwell for a while. Just as Jasian says above. Liptons are probably your best bet.

Kind Regards

Chris
Delaney - Airdrie
Dunn - Liverpool

Offline Jean123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 09 April 20 08:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris

Thank you for your reply. I got in touch with Charles Lipton back In February and he is providing the stone and will lay it in place for me once he has finished all the engraving. Ofcourse all our plans have had to change with this Covid19 virus and life has changed for us all. I look forward to coming to Scotland when all this is over and I wish you and your family all the very best. Jean.

Offline Chris5856

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 21 May 20 10:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris

Thank you for your reply. I got in touch with Charles Lipton back In February and he is providing the stone and will lay it in place for me once he has finished all the engraving. Ofcourse all our plans have had to change with this Covid19 virus and life has changed for us all. I look forward to coming to Scotland when all this is over and I wish you and your family all the very best. Jean.

That is great Jean. All the best
Delaney - Airdrie
Dunn - Liverpool