Author Topic: Same person possibly both Edwin James Aldred born Manchester migrated Australia?  (Read 749 times)

Offline iforani

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help needed to establish whether this is the same person. I know that the man in the photo in white uniform is definitely my grandfather, Edwin James Aldred who was born in Chorlton, Manchester in 1896 and emigrated to Australia around 1913-14 (working on merchant marine ships). On the back of the photo it states he was 22, so this photo was taken around 1918.
The other photo was dated by a rootschat expert as being post WW1, so if this is the case, it can't be the same person as my grandfather had a more receding hairline (so presumably older than the man in the other photo, if the same person).
Can I have your opinions, please? Both of the photos look like family members (one like one of my sister's sons and the other like her other son), so I can assume that these men are related, possibly brothers?
Thank you!!  :) PS I am using a rootschat restore (thanks to paj).
McKay (Kildare, Ireland), Aldred (Manchester), Smith, Cooper (Kent), Howlett, Bodill, Atkins (Northamptonshire), Smart (UK, Africa), Brown, Bryant, Dixon, Walton

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Same person possibly both Edwin James Aldred born Manchester migrated Australia?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 March 18 14:10 GMT (UK) »
At first glance the second one looks to be a younger version of the first one, so much so that I believe they could be the same person...or at least Brothers.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline iforani

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
 :) Thanks, Carol, I value your opinion on this. Deb
McKay (Kildare, Ireland), Aldred (Manchester), Smith, Cooper (Kent), Howlett, Bodill, Atkins (Northamptonshire), Smart (UK, Africa), Brown, Bryant, Dixon, Walton