Author Topic: Legacy 9 Program - Mapping Feature  (Read 706 times)

Offline Annette128

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Legacy 9 Program - Mapping Feature
« on: Thursday 08 March 18 09:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi there, I bought this software for the mapping feature recently.  It did work at first but then stopped working.  I asked the company about this and they said it was a known problem. Should I be doing something else to get it to work. So I wondered if anyone had tried My Heritage and how that goes, is it worth a subscription.  Hope someone can help..  Thanks...

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy 9 Program - Mapping Feature
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 March 18 14:07 GMT (UK) »
I have no personal experience of MyHeritage, but you may be interested to know that last August they bought out the company behind Legacy - see http://news.legacyfamilytree.com/legacy_news/2017/08/legacy-family-tree-has-a-new-home-with-myheritage.html

I'll leave you to work out if that affects your choices.

Incidentally, if the problem with mapping was a known fault, and they are not taking any steps to remedy it, it's possible you might have grounds for claiming a refund. In the UK, your first place to ask about this would normally be the retailer you bought it from, but there might be something in the product's T&Cs too.
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline F1fan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy 9 Program - Mapping Feature
« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 March 18 13:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Annette128,

I have Legacy Family Tree and experiencing the same problem.

After contacting support, and also finding postings on their Facebook page the program worked until Bing ( part of Microsoft ) changed the way that programs can communicate with their mapping service. This is the same as when FamilySearch sometimes change things and all the program writers have to re-write some of the program so that the search and sync options work again.

It is frustrating that it does not work and it has been said that they are working on getting it fixed. I am not a programmer so do not know how hard this is, but fingers crossed it won't be too long before an update is released  :)
Sawyer, Rutty - Wiltshire
Double - Suffolk
Templeman - Nottinghamshire
Senior, Blakeb(o)rough - Yorkshire